Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Why Chu Gotta Be A Douche
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay for me. The truck is in the shop right now and they are fabbing up my exaust. I went with the single in and dual out flowmaster 50 series delta flow I was thinking 3 in chrome tips but not sure. It'll be done in a few hours. I can't wait to hear it start up. I hope it's loud but not obnoxiously loud. Any opinions on what to expect? Next is a TRD intake then a 3in Toyotech lift.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
Sound clips from inside and out!!

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id post sound clips if I had a good enough camera, pics I can do but they will be huge lol. I can't wait to get that call from them. It's about that time.... Should I call or wait another hr? Heh, I want it now lol.

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
TacomaKid06 said:
Id post sound clips if I had a good enough camera, pics I can do but they will be huge lol. I can't wait to get that call from them. It's about that time.... Should I call or wait another hr? Heh, I want it now lol.
Change the resolution lol.

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It was $425 for the whole thing including tax and labor and they had it all welded and on the truck in about 4 hrs. I'm so happy with it. It sounds great. I based the sound on 10SE's clips that I searched for and found. The clipse don't do it justice. It's awesome. Now for the TRD intake and I'm set on performance mods. Maybe I'll sneak that one in next week lol. I'll try to get some pics of what it looks like under the truck. The tips were also welded on and they are 2.5 chrome tips and are about 10 inches long so you can only see chrome when walking around the truck and from about 50 feet back so I'm not worried about people seeing the pipes.

Oh, and for those that have the 50 delta flow was the muffler black? Like a powder coated black bull bar. The guy who put it on said that the delta flows are black instead of silver. He seemd preaty knowdledgable about the whole thing.

Oh and a side note, when I called to ask about it he asked me if I was the guy who came in last week so I know they've done the work before. As for the name of the place its Chris' Discount Muffler and Brake on 220 Fell St. Between Franklin and Gough. They do all kinds of work aparently like suspension lifts, exhausts and other work like tune ups ect. Hope this helps people in there quest for a nice muffler. I'm lovin it so far.

Mike

·
drive it like ya stole it
06 tacoma prerunner
302 Posts
you may also wanna take out your secondary air filter(in your air box)!! a little more air flow will be right on the money for ya. although you may not have to worry about it with the trd intake( not sure if the whole airbox comes of with this kit or not) anyway....have fun with the new exhaust!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
you probably got the off road model... my flowmaster delta flow 50 is silver... but they make a black one... it should say the model number on the part, just compare it to their website... and congrats!

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I will be enjoying the new exhaust, very much lol. I had a flowmaster on my 99s10 and it had a 4.3L V6 but this 4.0L sounds a bit deaper and alot louder. I wonder which muffler it had on it...

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Dahveee said:
how much are you paying them, and where exactly are you getting it done? i wanna get mine done when i'm back in the bay over my spring break...
If you are going to go with angled duals, go with California Concepts.

They know what they are doing and they always come out perfect.

Duals from other places are crooked and all fucked.

You will get a choice of a Magnaflow or Flowmaster muffer, piping, 2 nice and big slanted rolled tips with "California Concepts" etched on the end, labor all for $450 plus tax.

They are the only place I would trust with installation of duals. I have seen some Tacomas that have been done by them, FLAWLESS.

Make an appointment before you come so they can take care of you. Usually a week ahead.

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So are you saying that I got non quality parts and they did non quality work on my exhaust? From what I could see the pipes looked straight and came out at the same x, y, and z axis. I don't know, the place I went to was really nice to me and were finished when they said they'd be finnished and from what I can tell the work looks great. I don't know, maybe I'm letting my happyness get to me and it's all messed up but it looks great and sounds even better so I'm good. :D

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
I'm just saying I don't trust anyone but them to do angled duals. They turn out flawless.

I have seen some duals on Tacomas that are angled and they look absolutely disgusting, especially if the tips are slanted and not rolled tips.

You can also see the piping being routed from behind the truck. :thumbdown

Post some pics so we can see!?

If you do duals straight out the back, anyone can do that.

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I had mine angled out the sides, I don't like the look of them straight out the back. Also mine are rolled tipped but they are flat not that angeled type. I'll take some pics when I get a hold of a camera. I hardly ever need one but I should probably get one.

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
2,827 Posts
NorCalTacoma said:
I'm just saying I don't trust anyone but them to do angled duals. They turn out flawless.

I have seen some duals on Tacomas that are angled and they look absolutely disgusting, especially if the tips are slanted and not rolled tips.

You can also see the piping being routed from behind the truck. :thumbdown

Post some pics so we can see!?

If you do duals straight out the back, anyone can do that.
Barca :argh:

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For sure man. That'd be great. Maybe I can make it to the next meet. I'd definatly have to wash her before i go though. Right now she's preaty dirty lol.

·
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh the tips are already on and look great. Is 2.5in small for the tips? and when I measure its like outside to outside right? Not how big the opening is because its rolled so the opening is smaller then the outside circumfrence(sp).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts