Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, after 2 freaking months, my check has finally came in. both my friends and i are both fed up with my wack ass loud exhuast and i need to buy a new one. i went onto summit and found a pacesetter for 194$ .... buy it? i haven't heard of them but their reviews sound pretty good. anyone else have any other suggestions? my exhaust is shit after the cat so i need the whole kit.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...906189+4294907043+4294905934+115&autoview=sku

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
your better off going to a local muffler shop. If i could redo my exhaust system id get a 2.25" dynomax muffler instead of a flowmaster.

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only local shops around here has a 3 month waiting list
... my exhaust will be lucky if it lasts 1 so i kinda need one soon
does anyone know of any other sites that have them for cheapp? i would like to keep it under 250 if possible.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
3 month waiting list?

God damn, their welds must be made of some special shit! Like...Martha Stewarts Vagina! :lol:

(From a Lewis Black performance if you didn't know ;) )

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
CarbonRevo said:
3 month waiting list?

God damn, their welds must be made of some special shit! Like...Martha Stewarts Vagina! :lol:

(From a Lewis Black performance if you didn't know ;) )
Yeah! No kidding! Here is a list from a yahoo search I found for custom exhaust near Warwick. I don't know what part of Rhode Island you're in but these should be relatively close to you. I have used Lou's before. His place does excellent work. Many times the price is only a little more than what it would cost to do it yourself and you get a much better product.

I have never had an exhaust place make me wait more than a few days to get in.

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?stx=custom+exhaust&stp=a&tab=B2C&city=Warwick&state=RI&uzip=02889&country=us&msa=6480&slt=41.699299&sln=-71.415298&cs=4&Submit=Search

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow i completely forgot to look upstate, my bad. the exhaust place near me is the best in the state and is always backed up. ill see what i can find upstate, thanks

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
93 toyota said:
wow i completely forgot to look upstate, my bad. the exhaust place near me is the best in the state and is always backed up. ill see what i can find upstate, thanks
Wait wait wait...

You live in Rhode Island and say "Up State"?

Shouldn't you be saying "Up the block"? :lol:

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha im proud of my state... all 10 miles of it

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i have a pacesetter, it is junk, get a doug thorley header , thats what im getting for my 84. summit has thorley headers. go with 2 1/4 inch pipes out of the header to a muffler ( i like the 40 series flowmaster) then 2.5" out to the tip.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
CarbonRevo said:
Wait wait wait...

You live in Rhode Island and say "Up State"?

Shouldn't you be saying "Up the block"? :lol:
Haha. Upstate for Rhode Island is Massachusetts.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
subliminaltrips said:
i have a pacesetter, it is junk, get a doug thorley header , thats what im getting for my 84. summit has thorley headers. go with 2 1/4 inch pipes out of the header to a muffler ( i like the 40 series flowmaster) then 2.5" out to the tip.
He's talking about a catback dumbass. :rolleyes:

:lol:

·
yota bomber
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wouldn't mind making a custom exhaust but i think im just going to stick with the pacesetter until i have more time to make a custom exhaust. apparently, pacesetter garentee's their tips to stay chrome or they will send out a new one. so for now i think im legit with just getting the pacesetter.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i have a cherry bomb turbo muffler running a single 2.5" in and custom bent dual 2.5" out into dual 3" chrome tips. sounds pretty good for a 4 cyl. A flowmaster is designed more for v8's, so the sound out of a flowmaster will be very minimized when its on a 4cyl. A cherry bomb is designed more for a 4cyl, and really livens up the 4cylinder's sound.

-Adam

·
Registered
93 PU extended cab 4
239 Posts
I had a cherry bomb on my s10 with a 4 banger. sounded all right but after bout 20 miles the drone was killer.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
nofear4189 said:
i have a cherry bomb turbo muffler running a single 2.5" in and custom bent dual 2.5" out into dual 3" chrome tips. sounds pretty good for a 4 cyl. A flowmaster is designed more for v8's, so the sound out of a flowmaster will be very minimized when its on a 4cyl. A cherry bomb is designed more for a 4cyl, and really livens up the 4cylinder's sound.

-Adam
:rolleyes:

Are you serious?

Dual chrome 3" tips, on a 4 cylinder.

When will people learn? You do not put twin pipes on a damn 4 cylinder. The only thing worse is dual straight pipes with no muffler. Ugh. :hammer:

You are the people that give Toyotas a bad name, because when people go by, all they're doing is laughing their ass off!

I'm sorry, I have a 22re, but my exhaust is a 40 with 2 1/4" from end of header back, and it's dumped before the rear axle. The 40 on my 4 cylinder is bad enough, but a tip would have really made me look stupid. And by all means, whoever says it, dual tips on a toyota DOES not look good. I can seriously admit to laughing at people with duals on 4 bangers. Although, I do admit I have seen worse. Like dual ricer tips on a ranger with no rear bumper. Imagine where twin tips would dump under the bumper...well he has two big ass fart cans there! Grr! :disappoin

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
haha. im so used to seein crpa like that. in spokane, EVERYONE has a tip on their car. i dont understand it. HAHAHAHA, i saw a 1500 dodge ram the other day. it had HUGE tips on its duals. i mean, these things must have been atleast 5" tips. we drove passed him, was in my bros car, and looked at the "exhaust" IT WAS STOCK!!!! what an idiot. i dont understand what possesses people to do such idiotic things!!!! why put a tip on it when its not doing anything. "oh yeah, check out MY exhaust!" ............
. i dont understand. they all need to be smacked then have their car burned.
sorry, i see these idiots all the time. im used to ignoring it now but sometimes im just amazed!

Cam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts