Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Wow I think I saw those on ebay before. It looks really nice, but I like the ones with the 4 buttons on them like the stock key...may I ask where the panic button is?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
not a fan of the winged design but love the button look! ... and yeah, where is "Panic"?
+1, the winged design reminds me of the logo for "Mini" how they have wings.

I actually might order myself a flip key remote if the dealership hasn't found the extra remote and/or vallet key.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
+1, the winged design reminds me of the logo for "Mini" how they have wings.

I actually might order myself a flip key remote if the dealership hasn't found the extra remote and/or vallet key.
they just gave you one key?! wow that sucks :thumbsdow yeah just get the switch blade key that has the stock looking buttons

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
they just gave you one key?! wow that sucks :thumbsdow yeah just get the switch blade key that has the stock looking buttons
Yeah, we got the Xrs used and the original owner only turned in one of the three keys.

The dealers said they would try and contact the original owner to see if they still have the spare remote and the valet key.

If not I'm sure I'll order me the switch blade key! I'm sure it can be programmed by the dealer correct? Would there be any problems with it being compatible to mine?

Jeff was saying

Toyota has now used 3-types of immobilizer key, the 1st Gen had no mark, 2nd Gen had the circle, and 3rd Gen has the "G" mark, I assume they are mainly for different FCID ranges?

The FCC ID is only for the keyless entry portion of the key, which is the same across all 2009-2010 Corollas. Only the immobilizer changed (separate from the remote).

Who makes them depends on where it is made, Denso still does all Japan-made remotes and some USA/Canada-made. TRS/TWA is getting more common on the North-American ones.

The 2009-2010 Matrix only has 3 buttons on the remote (no Trunk release). The immobilizer chip is compatible, but I would look to see if you can find one that only has the 3 buttons.

Also; the chip generations apply to all Toyota models, not just the Corolla. All Toyota models have moved to the "G"-type keys now.

Jeff
I looked at my key, it has the circle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, my key doesn't have the panic button.

it only has lock,unlock, trunk button.

Anyway, my rolla is 2008 Australia model.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Yeah, we got the Xrs used and the original owner only turned in one of the three keys.

The dealers said they would try and contact the original owner to see if they still have the spare remote and the valet key.

If not I'm sure I'll order me the switch blade key! I'm sure it can be programmed by the dealer correct? Would there be any problems with it being compatible to mine?

Jeff was saying

I looked at my key, it has the circle.
yeah the generations of keys and the FCC ID too....I found one a long time ago that matched even though its really hard to see without a magnifying glass.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Holy Thread Revival!

:welcome: to TN!

I'm sure you can find it on eBay, if not something similar.

Or you can just wait for the OP to respond :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holy Thread Revival!

:welcome: to TN!

I'm sure you can find it on eBay, if not something similar.

Or you can just wait for the OP to respond :thumbsup:
hope he will cme online and reply soon)) tried to find it on ebay but didnt get any results

1 - 20 of 20 Posts