Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm a 42 year old dad, a public servant, i'm new here and feeling right out of place. I have a white manual SV21 camry CS wagon with the stock 3S-FE engine, some jap import 15" wheels fitted. It has 250,000 kilometres on it, (about 155,000 miles) and never let me down. (touch wood) Of course I use nothing but the best in my car, some Mobil 15-W40 agrioil I found on the side of the road in the engine and the cheapest 91 octane I can get.

I think the time is aproaching where the old girl is going to need an upgrade. You know the stuff, suspension, engine, seats stearing wheel, gauges and a splash of paint.

Poor old thing could use a little more go so am considering a 3S-GTE transplant, then for handling, 35mm lower suspension, new gas shocks and a hand full of eurethane bushes.

Then it needs new boy racer style front seats to hold my fat frame with the rears trimed to match and a nice Momo steering wheel to wrap my stubby fingers around. Also the guages are looking a tad sad, you know how the neadles bend up and fade, so I have to fix that up, may as well put a carbon fibre mask round the dials eh?

Now the body, no rust to speak of but a couple extra style lines my wife used the letterbox to install as she reversed down a dead straight driveway, go figure, so a little minor body work required there but I would love to make it look a bit more boy racer, anyone know of a body kit for the SV21 wagon? on top of this a splash of gloss over the whole thing to make it proper pretty. :)

Thankyou for letting me in your group.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opps correction

Sorry not an 3S-GTE but the non-turbo version, 3S-GE. This is my daily drive and a long drive it is so I need to balance reliability, drivability and the fun factor. Oh I forgot aswell, I also have a 96 rav4 have owned 69, 74 and 75 Crowns a 74 Corona and a 83 Tercel AWD wagon. The 75 Crown I reconditioned the engine, openned the ports up a fair bit increased the compression, removed all the restrictive bits from the carby and the petrol tank and run it only on LP gas. Went great and cheap to run.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Welcome to TN :)

You don't have to feel out of place here... we have a wide range of people, from young to old(er). Many of us are married with kids (Im not yet, but there are plenty of them).

As for the car.. sounds nice, and certainly sounds like you know what you want to do with it. Good luck with your car, and again, welcome to TN fellow Aussie :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.