Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the topic, and did lots of reading. Nothing realy answered my questions.

Here is my story: 1999 Camry 4cyl, auto. 75,000 miles. Put in new monroe sensa-trac front struts, and new upper strut mounts. Bolted everything in to proper torque. Drove car, not much noise at first. Then after two weeks front suspension was just as noisy as before.

I know I have everything in right, I've done this type of work before on a celica. I rechecked everything, even the sway bar links. Loosend the upper strut mounting bolts and the center strut mounting bolt and retorgued everything. But I still have the noise!!!

What should I do? Should I try tightening the center strut mounting bolt to a higher torque? I just don't want to wreck the bearing?

:thumbdown this isn't something we all should have to live with.:thumbdown

·
Registered
14 Posts
i replaced the struts and springs (and upper mounts) on my 98 camry a year ago with the tokico blue/TRD spring setup and experienced loud clunking noises from my left rear strut 9 months later. I isolatd the noise to the worn lower rubber bumper that sits between the strut and the spring. Bought replacements from my toyota dealer (around $15 each for the rear, $18 ea. for the front) which corrected the problem. i also lubed the TRD rear stabilizer bar bushings which were also generating some squeaking noises. the lubricant that came with the RSB kit doesn't last long.

hope this helps - the noise was so irritating that i was close to selling my camry. now that it's gone, i love driving my camry again. good luck in eliminating the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts