Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Avalon
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am about to aquire my moms 2002 Avalon xls. I am excited to make it my own. I am looking to put a set of wheels on it (18" to 20"), lower it tastefully to take up some wheel gap. Put some hid lights on it, and start my jbl stereo modification wit an iPhone/iPod integration if it exists. I just joined the forums because I saw some wheels for sale, but I'm interested in some 20" mrr hr3. Mom got the car new in 02 and has put on 90k miles on it. She just upgraded to a 2007 lease turn in Avalon with 23k miles. It is sweet!

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
As a fellow Avalon owner I agree it's a hell of a ride...I'm happy! :smokin: Welcome to the nation, and let us know if you need help with anything. :thumbsup:

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got some great mods in store for it already. There's plenty of ideas in the Avalon forum so you'll no doubt have a large hole burning in your pocket in no time :lol:. Would love to see some pics of your progress.

Have fun, and happy motoring! :cool:

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Avalon
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've sold my other car so now I am driving the Avalon. Had to replace the battery and the POS terminal connector today, but the dealership was great. Car is riding nice on the 18" MRR HR3's wrapped in Kumho tires. I have ordered 2 sets of 15mm hubcentric spacers for getting the stance right, and I am still toying with the idea of lowering it. Did TRD offer springs for an avalon? I really want to level it out (seems a bit higher in the back).

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
I would think so about the TRD springs. I will have to frank with you though... I am not completely thrilled with them. Poke around the Avy forums and see what those fellas are doing with theirs and their choice of springs.

Welcome to TN! :)

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Avalon
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally lowered it

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/19691/ppuser/225055

Well, I finally lowered my 2002 avalon. I am real happy with the outcome. Have some bulbs on order (Putco Mirror Whites for highs and lows, Putco Jet Yellow for fogs). I think I will eventually do an HID retrofit for my low beams, but this should suffice for now. I'm also planning to get some LEDs to update the interior lighting as well as license plate bulbs and reverse bulbs (I like the cool white LEDs that newer cars are using). There doesn't seem to be a lot of aftermarket for this car, but I love mine. It is a big comfy sedan that gets decent gas mileage. I'd love for Toyota to bring the Mark-X to the states though...
http://ijdmtoy.com/BLOG/wordpress/2...ghts-and-dual-projector-angel-eye-fog-lights/

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Your car looks much better dropped! I really like your rim choice too:thumbsup:

I see you've been here 2 yrs...but here's a belated :welcome: to TN :thumbsup::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts