Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow friends.

I love cars for both form and function but i have been wanting to get a simple standard car lower it and put some nice wheels on .

since I'm tight on money i was thinking about just working on my current car.

how would a lowered 09 hybrid Camry look ? should i ?

·
Night Owl
2007 Toyota Camry
118 Posts
I don't think it'll be silly, especially if they're the correct wheels for the vehicle (as in size, and style). Though the mpg may suffer for the worse if you change things on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it'll be silly, especially if they're the correct wheels for the vehicle (as in size, and style). Though the mpg may suffer for the worse if you change things on it.
I don't mind so much the change of MPG which i doubt ill notice (since I don't drive too much per say). And yeah I'm sure it would look nice if the set up is right. Just never seen it done with a hybrid, wouldn't know where to start.

·
Night Owl
2007 Toyota Camry
118 Posts
I don't mind so much the change of MPG which i doubt ill notice (since I don't drive too much per say). And yeah I'm sure it would look nice if the set up is right. Just never seen it done with a hybrid, wouldn't know where to start.
Well from the outside, the Hybrid doesn't look much different from the other trim levels (except the SE of course). Have you tried googling images? Just to get basic ideas I mean. Keywords like "lowered, custom, stanced" should display some nice results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well from the outside, the Hybrid doesn't look much different from the other trim levels (except the SE of course). Have you tried googling images? Just to get basic ideas I mean. Keywords like "lowered, custom, stanced" should display some nice results.
Yes, i have and I have seen some pretty good set ups also, they don't look much different (model wise). Perhaps I'm so indifferent about starting the process since its not a usual thing you see. Even worse when it is a not a manual transmission. Thanks for you input though since I'm pretty new in this, its hard to find someone to talk ideas with.

·
Night Owl
2007 Toyota Camry
118 Posts
Yes, i have and I have seen some pretty good set ups also, they don't look much different (model wise). Perhaps I'm so indifferent about starting the process since its not a usual thing you see. Even worse when it is a not a manual transmission. Thanks for you input though since I'm pretty new in this, its hard to find someone to talk ideas with.
I... don't understand. Modifying your car isn't a usual thing... for you? And... I don't understand what the trans of the car has to do with it haha... I mean, one that's going to modify their car should do so with what will go best with their car. Parts that will work well with others, similar colors and shapes, you know. Either way, best of luck on your search. Post pics of your car when and if you can please! :wiggle:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I... don't understand. Modifying your car isn't a usual thing... for you? And... I don't understand what the trans of the car has to do with it haha... I mean, one that's going to modify their car should do so with what will go best with their car. Parts that will work well with others, similar colors and shapes, you know. Either way, best of luck on your search. Post pics of your car when and if you can please! :wiggle:
If I do, I'll post :)

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
2,263 Posts
Thing is its a hybrid, and like i don't know if i should waste time and money trying to mod it if it is gonna be silly going to meets. lol.
Leave it alone. A lot of engineering goes into designing suspensions that give a comfortable ride and still give some degree of control. You answered your own inquiry with the "s" word.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Camry V6
1,296 Posts
Thing is its a hybrid, and like i don't know if i should waste time and money trying to mod it if it is gonna be silly going to meets. lol.
Its not going to be silly, and it doesn't matter if its auto or manual. Just keep it clean.

Looks pretty good to me

·
Registered
330 Posts
when are you going to debadge and drop your ride :grin:
Not gonna happen. Lack of funds, tools, and time. Also, I've installed exactly 1 lowering kit on a previous vehicle, and I cussed a lot and bloodied every knuckle, and other body parts...and the ride sucked. I was happier when I sold that mistake than I was when I sold my boat :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.