Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC, 4x4
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

New guy to the forum, wanted to introduce myself. I purchased my new 06 DC 4x4, Black Sand Pearl, TRD Sport #1 last Thursday and have enjoyed every minute of it. My previous vehicle was an 02 Taco DC 2x4 that I purchased while stationed in Arizona.

I broke my vehicle in the hard way...as I was sitting at the dealership it started to snow, hard and fast. There was already an inch on the ground so I was able to test out the 4x4 feature right out of the bay. You can imagine my hesitation to pull out into traffic! I drove to Chicago the next day and after it was all said an done, I had 1200 miles on my vehicle. I guess if there is a bright side, about 1100 miles were highway miles and I didn't take her past 65. I took the truck in Tuesday for it's first oil change, heard through the grapevine (buddy's friend who is a toyota mechanic) that you should change the oil after the first 1000 miles. Good, bad or indifferent, I did it anyways.

On Monday, before the oil change, I was showing some co-workers my new ride and one of them pointed out that I had a crack under the Toyota emblem on the front grille. Looking under the hood behind the grille it looked as if something got up in there and cracked the frame or a bolt was over-tightened. Anyways, when I took the truck in for the oil change I showed the service manager the crack and he promptly wrote an order for a new grille, no questions asked.

I'm also waiting on my bull bar w/ skidplate and bugshield to be shipped...can't wait!

So far the forum has been a wealth of information and I look forward to many more posts. :thumbup:

msuaftaco

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome...and enjoy.:hi: There is lots and lots of info on here. great site.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear of your new ride. You'll enjoy it.

Also, thanks for your service to our country. Judging from your screen name and comment about being stationed I assumed you were in the Air Force?

Count

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts

Hello new guy:hi: Enjoy

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC, 4x4
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Count said:
Welcome! Glad to hear of your new ride. You'll enjoy it.

Also, thanks for your service to our country. Judging from your screen name and comment about being stationed I assumed you were in the Air Force?

Count
Hey no problem, thanks for saying thanks. I'm still in the Air Force currently stationed in Dayton OH at Wright Patterson. Buying a 2x4 in AZ probably wasn't the smartest move and I really wasn't thinking ahead...hence the new 4x4. I won't be getting stuck at home this Christmas Eve!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts