Toyota Nation Forum banner

New Guy

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  banohi 
#1 ·
Hi!!! Im a new guy but checking the forum everyday and now I decided to joined in. I have a 2005 Black XR with a little modifications like borla exhaust, short shifter, volant intakes, leatherette seatcovers, trd sport pedals and a cheap extang bed cover but now I want to replace it with the gaylord lids with speedstur wing arfter I saw some pictures of XR with that lid. Pls give me some info how much and where can I get it online?:naughty:

#2 ·
Welcome to the site bro! Great truck choice, and great color choice of course! Haha

I just recently had my Gaylord X2000 lid installed(non-speedsturr). Pic attached. I personally love the look of a wing, just not the wing that the Gaylord lid came with. It kinda' sat too upright for my taste. There was a group buy for both style Gaylord lids a month or so back, but it never happened(not enough people to finalize it). It sucked, because we all could've gotten a sweet a$$ deal. I believe that the non-speedsturr version was going to be around $850.00 and the speedsturr version was going to be around $900.00. Awesome deal. Oh well, sorry, I guess there's no sense in bringing that up! Any way, I had to pay pretty much full price for mine, $ 1,275.00 and $100.00 for the install. I live in So Cal and purchased it a place called "California Car cover". Real nice guys!

Not to change subject, but can you post pics of your "X". I would love to see the TRD pedals that you were referring to. Once again welcome, and continue to keep modding.

C ya
Derick

#5 ·
fitz nice looking truck, I got those pedals thrown in when I bought my truck, they didn't have them in stock so I stopped by one day and picked them up. Anyway I tried for a while to get them things on and all I did was cuss. It seemed easy enough by the directions but I just couldn't get them to stretch on there. Maybe since you did a install of your own was there a trick to it? I only tried once for about 1/2 hour then I just figured I would wait for it to warm up.
Thanks Nick

#6 ·
va beach taco said:
fitz nice looking truck, I got those pedals thrown in when I bought my truck, they didn't have them in stock so I stopped by one day and picked them up. Anyway I tried for a while to get them things on and all I did was cuss. It seemed easy enough by the directions but I just couldn't get them to stretch on there. Maybe since you did a install of your own was there a trick to it? I only tried once for about 1/2 hour then I just figured I would wait for it to warm up.
Thanks Nick
I put them on over the summer, so I don't really remember anything in particular that stands out, other than they did really suck to put on. There wasn't really a trick to it, you just have to be patient and keep working that rubber lip to get it around the pedal. One tool that I have that helped is used for taking apart car interiors, it looks like a big dental pick, I would imagine that you could probably use a screwdriver, and put tape over the tip so you don't puncture the rubber. I'm sure this wasn't much help but good luck.

#7 ·
I heated mine up with a hair dryer first. You are right -- the pedals are hard to get on -- I think it took me about 45 minutes to finally get them both on. the brake pedal went on easier. The acceleator pedal took the longest -- start at the top and then the back edge and then work your way around. I used a small screw driver finally to pry the rubber around. Keep working -- a little bit at a time and you wil get it.

Once they are on they look and work very nicely.

good luck

#8 ·
Not only is the truck nice looking, look at the f'ing lawn, with the swaying palm trees in the background. Man, Hawaii really is paradise. As AlpineJL would say "I jock".

#13 ·
I have manual trans. I used soap and water and the pick tool as mentioned. About 20 mins tops. Just make sure you use a towel or something underneath the pedals to protect the floor. Water and soap dries quick and doesn't effect the pedals.

Matt

#14 ·
Fitz235 said:
Not only is the truck nice looking, look at the f'ing lawn, with the swaying palm trees in the background. Man, Hawaii really is paradise. As AlpineJL would say "I jock".
I jock.

Hawaii is jockable. Hawaii inspired me to get my Tacoma actually. Hawaii is full of Tacomas old and new! :thumbup: :heart:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.