Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting my feet wet in car audio and could use some help and advice. My '95 Camry LE was purchased used from a dealership with the factory upgraded sound option. That is to say, it came stock with factory component speakers and amp.

I think it's fair to say that the sound quality isn't all that great--especially if this is the upgraded version. Hence me wanting to upgrade the entire system.

Since I found a good deal on the Eclipse CD5000, I decided to get the head unit first before new speakers. To get to the point, I'm wondering now how to hook up the Eclipse.

Is wiring into the factory amp possible and would it provide any discernable benefits? Or should I just purchase a wire harness?

Would the component speakers have a factor on how I can hook up the head unit (i.e. crossovers)? Specifically, I don't know much about the factory amp and whether the crossover is built-in. In which case I would have to purchase a crossover, right?

I'm also slightly worried about my factory speakers. They should be able to handle the 22W RMS that this head unit puts out, right?

Anyway, I'm trying to get this installed with the least amount of time and money as possible. For example, I don't want to get an aftermarket amp now unless I have to. Money's a little tight and I want to spread out my spending on car audio stuff.

Thanks in advance--this has been confusing me and giving me a headache.

-Ed

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts