Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far i've only bought some 7000K headlights, and they do shine a bluish/white, but there not really that bright. I was looking at some new clear headlights, as mine are getting foggy, and I also stumbled upon an HID conversion kit, what do you think of them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300067166870&rd=1,1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110077345624&rd=1,1

·
Odaiba Romance
358 Posts
Beware of stuff sold on e-bay for the camry. I remember trying to buy a dash kit that was made out looking better then this one does. Paid my money, waited 3 weeks, and after 2 complaints and filing for a refund I got nothing and couldn't get refunded scince the guy disappeared right afterwards. Check the vendor section, there's a couple of guys selling hid kits, and I'll let you know when I buy the kaixens.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
Yeah, ebay can sometimes get up and bite you in the dick. Some asshole got me flagged because he "failed" to get my message and flagged me for not paying. What a dick. I filed a complaint to eBay saying I sent him a e-mail asking to retract the bid with proof, but the fucker didn't respond and the bid ended with me winning.

So yeah, good luck.

·
PICKLE GANGSTER
3,191 Posts
And i'll just say the usual stuff pertaining to the safety of HID in a non projector Housing. Not really safe, better to do a projector retro or you can blind people.

·
95 camry couple le
95 camry coupe le
43 Posts
hey do you know if there are new euro headlights for a 95 and corners for sale? i looked around and couldn't find any anywhere with a reasonable price... it's just that the 94 euros look really close to the 95 headlights... anyone know if they will fit?.... thanks

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've bought a few parts on ebay and so far everythings been on.

But lets say that I was guaranteed to get these parts, do you think they would be a good buy?

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
they seem fairly safe...just make sure that the hids have a warrantee.

and....I'm not sure how badly the depo headlights glare, but the stock headlights glare like mad with hids due to their design

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Depot's oem replacement lights are the same as factory. I have both and compared them...they're virtually indistinguishable besides the fact one says depot on the lens and the other one says something else.

i've heard bad things bout ebay hid kits. you can always give em a try.

·
Odaiba Romance
358 Posts
I wish I could do a projector retro, but that's asking for a ticket here. At least with hid's I can just say they're just bulbs. Of all the things the cops hit people for dealing with recon is headlight retros, rims and once in a great while ride height. It's legal to do an engine swap to a jdm turbo motor with the same cylinders as stock, but fully illegal to have clear sides and non DOT lights. Go figure. When I get them I'll tell you if you need to slide a shroud in there too. I'd rather try it and get good results then not try it and have to stick with the weak stock lights.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
xpeed said:
Yeah, ebay can sometimes get up and bite you in the dick. Some asshole got me flagged because he "failed" to get my message and flagged me for not paying. What a dick. I filed a complaint to eBay saying I sent him a e-mail asking to retract the bid with proof, but the fucker didn't respond and the bid ended with me winning.

So yeah, good luck.
Same thing just happend to me. I bought a bunch of stuff on Ebay and all of a sudden Paypal wouldn't work for me. I sent all the sellers emails telling them what happend but they continued to all file complaints on me and leave me horrible feedback. I had perfect feedback, not anymore!

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not to concerned with the headlights, but it's the HID kit im not too sure about. I'm looking for something that will be at least or better then stock, in terms of brightness, and a whitish/bluish tint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
headlights

instead of getting new headlights why dont u just fix them...
today i went to pepboys and found this headlight repair kit for $12 and i took me about 20 minutes on each headlight but it worked great im goin to get an accual buffer tomorrow and make it perfect because today i just used a polishing cloth but u should look into just removing the fog with a kit... saves alot of money:)

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought one of those headlight restoration kits for about $20 at AutoZone, followed the directs exactly. It did make it less yellowish, but it's even more foggy now. Besides, the headlights on eBay are clear.

·
14 Corolla S
2014 Corolla S+
237 Posts
I have the headlights you are talking about...well...the DEPO replacements AND 8K HIDS. I have never had any problems with police or anything like that. I have my headlights aimed professionally (by the machine) and the only thing that i ever really get is an occasional flash from a truck on the highway at like...2 am when im driving around. I have never had any problems and really dont forsee the problems. And besides...IF i do get pulled over....the legal limit here is 10K....so im still good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts