Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals,

I'm about to purchase a 03 v6 auto extended cab tacoma and I have done a little searching on this site and it appears the mpg to expect is about 15-20 with little to improve besides the obvious oil, filter, plugs etc. I can live with that.

Is there a link to a manual for this truck to download somewhere for free? The basic manual would be nice so I can get basic info but the full service manual would be even better.

Also is there anything i should be worried about before i purchase this truck? I will have the dealer do a full inspection and I just read about the rust extended warranty thanks to the link posted on this site but is there anything specific i should check out?

Thanks

·
Toyotus maniacus
89'toy 2 wd pickup
87 Posts
Take this for waht its worth, and i honestly don't know exactly waht its worth.
Heres what I would have gone back and told myself before I bought MY Taco.;
WHY, would anyone sell a 100% trustworthy and reliable vehicle,? Basically, they wouldnt these days. Do NOT base your entire descison to buy on waht the service record says , the accssories included, the new tires etc., , or waht they have to say about teoir reasons( yadda yadda yadda, or even what the 3rd party mechanic has to say. Learn to listen for what Klunks, and what looskj por smells bad. -that means its a lemon and only YOU can detrmoine that!). 2) If I did go back and buy my Taco again, I would buy fromna dealer- not that that would make any difefrence.

I would listen to the engine in a quiet a VEREY quiet place, both before it heats up and after. Put ypour ears under the whell wells , not just over the engine.
Don't be in any rush. Nothings worse ..NOTHING, than buying a car/truck in a rush.Don't go too far to see it. Your likliehoiod of comeing up with lemon is proportional to the distance you have to travel.Another thing..
Type in "Toyota Sludge" and read some of the stuff you see about late moidel trucks- they arent your daddys Toyotas!
Theres more ..way more, but this would be just a few of my words to the wise from someone who boguht an supposedly "immaculate" Toyota that turned out tpo be a Klunker.I'm way more wise to the used car/truck buying game now.
All things being equal, Bargain them down; Down Down Down..
If its hot property , which it more than likely isnt, you wont have much of a chance anyhow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that info i appreciate your input. I will do a search on the sludge and mention it to the dealer doing the inspection

·
Toyotus maniacus
89'toy 2 wd pickup
87 Posts
thanks for that info i appreciate your input. I will do a search on the sludge and mention it to the dealer doing the inspection
yeah, just be carefull, no reason for you to have a sour experince- hope you buy a nice truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts