Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
It didn't take them a week to figure it out. It took them whatever time they spent working on your car...probably a couple of hours.
The rest of the "week", your car was sitting out back, gathering dust:grin:

I still don't understand the convoluted posts...when the lights were working, when they weren't, why both bulbs were replaced.:smile: Hopefully, your problem is solved and no further discussion will be necessary!:wink:

·
6,659 Posts
They replaced bulbs TWICE? I see it posted twice under different dates?
April 1, 2019 - 82,494 "Light Bulbs " replaced

May 8, 2019 - 82,669 ( mileage ) Bulb, Headlamp Replaced,

Pia, OP likely meant that light in the dash will come up from manual switch. None of us thought of asking OP to actually step out and SEE if them lights shine. I sorta get what was said. I'll ask better question next time.

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
They replaced bulbs TWICE? I see it posted twice under different dates?
April 1, 2019 - 82,494 "Light Bulbs " replaced

May 8, 2019 - 82,669 ( mileage ) Bulb, Headlamp Replaced,

Pia, OP likely meant that light in the dash will come up from manual switch. None of us thought of asking OP to actually step out and SEE if them lights shine. I sorta get what was said. I'll ask better question next time.
YES replaced TWICE with in 175 miles

And I did get out of the car and check the lights and had my granddaughter also check with me
I also pulled up to the garage doors to see if I had more lights than just the DRL's
In the Manual setting I could drive with just the high beams.

I believe we chatted about this before but I did pull into the garage and close the door to see if the AUTO lights came on which was my concern with the original post at that time. After closing the garage door I cover the senor with a black cloth and the dash lights did change but no low beams

I contacted the dealer that Tuesday about the problem , I was told the sales person was off and the car could only be brought in while he was there plus he was the one to set up the VALET and Lexus loner as promised . The appointment was for 11am Thursday May 2nd. So I guess the car just sat up there but at least I had a 2018 Lexus to drive . Actually putting over 300 miles on it that week.

My thinking is the sales person was off on Tuesday and Wednesday this week which could have let to the delay of my car being returned.

Final thought. As you can see I posted the CarFax they use the term "replaced Light bulbs" I don't think I can find out what bulbs they are talking about , but the replaced bulbs this week does say HEADLAMPS

If I had to replace one I would have also replaced the other.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
I totally agree that bulbs be replaced in pairs. What I find odd is the claim that BOTH lowbeam headlights were burned out. (Hmm...maybe they have to state this in order for warranty replacement?)

·
6,659 Posts
TheMiz, did they replace BOTH bulbs each service? Or, it was one, then the other? If they replaced both, you have sort somewhere in the circuit that keeps burning them out.
If it was, for example, right, then left later - that's nothing unusual, they simply reached their life span, one a bit ahead of the other.

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
TheMiz, did they replace BOTH bulbs each service? Or, it was one, then the other? If they replaced both, you have sort somewhere in the circuit that keeps burning them out.
If it was, for example, right, then left later - that's nothing unusual, they simply reached their life span, one a bit ahead of the other.

As far as I know they didn't work when I took delivery

BTW I did contact the salesman to see if he can get a explanation of what exactly do they refer to "Light Bulbs" on the CarFax. Still waiting for his reply .

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Hybrid,
495 Posts
^^^ That's what I've been thinking, based on the somewhat confused post/timeline. The OP will know soon enough if it's a wiring problem...the bulb failures will continue.

·
Registered
2013 Avalon Hybrid
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Dealer finally called back they said the LIGHT BULBS replaced on the safety inspection on the CarFax was a Fog light bulb and a tail light bulb.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts