Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Toyota T100 4WD
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, of all the other things that my truck needs I had mismatching color headlights and with all the long distance driving I do I can't help but notice how dim my stock headlights seem compared to my wifes '08 car. So after doing some research these were the best I could find with a good reputation and without spending $1000. I was very satisfied with them and it was completely plug and play. The company even sent additional vehicle specific harnesses. The high and low beams work very well also. Even though I am still sceptical on how long they will last seeing as how instead of having two filaments like a standard halogen bulb the actual bulb moves in and out of the casing. You can bet I'll post it up though as soon as they go out stating how long they lasted. All of the wiring is very weather proof though and seems extremely high quality, it better be though as much money as I spent on the dang things. The only issue I had was there were no instructions sent with the kit. They provide very detailed instructions on the website but I have always liked paper instructions. No biggie but it would be nice.http://www.xtralights.com/xetronicdigitallightingsystem-h4typepair.aspx Here are some pics.

The high beams. Very bright long beam.

The Low Beams. About the same brightness as my old high beams. Fortunately they don't blind other drivers either. The color is a pure white 4300K.

Off the headlights don't add any color to the reflection of the lamp itself.

I didn't use everything that was sent. I was sent a vehicle specific kit that replaced some of the original harness.

·
Registered
KS
1,584 Posts
Thanks for this info! I just did my headlights, but i may look into this in the future. I just am like you and don't want to put the wrong kind of HID in the truck. the wrong kind can cause problems with blinding others.

glad this one worked out for ya

1 - 2 of 2 Posts