Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a number of these little jobs done every month and this month it's the headlight assemblies and bulbs. Had planned to replace them in a few weeks but both the low beams burned out within a few weeks of each other. So when the new headlight assemblies showed up today, I grab them up and did the job.real fast. With today being let another beautiful and cool day, it was prefect. When I ordered to assemblies a few weeks ago, the listing said they complete and they were. When pulling off the driver's side headlight, the breather tube fell off. The rubber tube was just wore out and would no longer stay on the headlight. The new one had a brand new one already in place. I already had the new bulbs and replaced those on the headlights, as well as, the driving lights on the bumpers. The bumper light came in handing last night when the second headlight bulb burned out. So, it's out with the old and in with the new.

Attachments

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay... once it was dark, I went out to adjust the aim with no luck at all. There's no adjusting screw just a star wheel. I've turned it each way and nothing.

WTH folks?!?!?

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last night, I looked all over the internet how to adjust a 2002 Tundra headlights with nothing but disappointment. The title would say 02 Tundra but the clip was a 06 or newer model or even a Sequoia. None of the headlight even looked like my lights. A few folks post pictures out of the Toyota manual that looked like mine but my headlights just will not adjust no matter how much I turn the star adjuster. Even my Chilton's manual points to a non-existing hole that should be in the bracket where you drop the tip of of a Phillips head screwdriver in to turn an adjuster screw.

What am I missing here? Is the adjustment star on the back of the light so fine threaded that you have turn it a million times just to get the thing to move a-little? The old headlights were aftermarket as well and had the same adjust star and I didn't have any problems with them. I'm almost tempted to put them back on the truck but they're just a-little to fugly to put back on there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts