Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for all the great info in the FAQ and other posts I've been reading the last couple hours. One thing I could not find.....

For 2006 Tacoma and/or 2005 4Runner. How do I disable the auto lock / re-lock feature that locks the doors if I do not open a door within 30 seconds of pressing the unlock button on the remote?

I know:
1. this is a safety feature
2. you can open a door within 30 seconds and it won't re-lock...

but I'm talking about all of the times I want to grab something from the vehicle without taking the keys out of the house or have to load the truck with multiple items and leave the keys inside only to get there put my hand near the door and "click".

Bottom line, I am not concerned about all of the "safety" issues and want this annoyance disabled (or at least lengthen the delay).

Does anyone know any mods or "secret code sequences" that could help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
can't help with that ? but i just wanted to welcome u the nation, actually i just got my remote start installed that solved my issue with the auto relock does it no more...:clap::thumbup:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I have never seen a way to do this. Let us know if you find out something else.

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
265 Posts
Do you have an after market alarm? Toyota factory alarm do not have the option you are describing. I normally see those option on after market system. If it is an after market it will depend on the particular system on how to disable it.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Do you have an after market alarm? Toyota factory alarm do not have the option you are describing. I normally see those option on after market system. If it is an after market it will depend on the particular system on how to disable it.
Factory keyless entry does that. Mine does the auto-relock after 30sec. I usually click it 2-4 times to get all the doors open for the kids, and give a few extra seconds. :lol: I haven't actually had the relock kick in for a long time. I usually get to the truck in time. It's only when I unlock, and my daughter takes forever to get in while I'm getting stuff ready in the house that it happens now. And she looks at me like "What the hell dad?" :rolf2: So now I just wait for her to get close and click it through the kitchen window.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The autolock function is controlled by the body ECU therefore it would take reprogramming of that to change the timing. Or, as has been pointed out, installing some external system like a remote start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks for the info...

I do have the factory alarm, so I guess the only thing I could do is install remote start. Since I have no idea how to reprogram ECU, although I would be willing to pay anyone that could.:D

Brny67... Which model of remote start did you get that solved the problem, or do they all do it?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
all aftermarket alarms u can program to auto lock i think it beeps and flashes your lights 30 seconds after you shut the engine and close all the doors and then 30 seconds after the beep or 60 seconds after u close the door it auto locks. Thats an option that can be either turned on or off, and that i miss very much I hate having to click the damn button i always forget. I'm so used to just walking away and beep click.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts