Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm Dan Wenning, I'm from Indiana. Just started that whole college thing (Ball State). I've recently had the chance to purchase an 89 SC MR2, and after one drive, I've fallen in love with it. I'm going to try to get it, so if I do I'll probably be posting a lot more in the future.

Right now my car is an '85 Buick Regal (T-Type), and wow, that's a fun car. They're 3.8L Turbo cars; I'm sure more than one person on this board has owned one at one point, they seem to be pretty common around here, but they never get old. It's been down for a long time (March) since we have basically redone the entire top end of the motor, and we're hopeful that we'll be able to get 450-500hp out of the little V6 in it. So far we've upgraded the fuel system, exhaust (headers included), intake, the turbo, the heads, and just tons of other little things to get it going faster. If I can get my friend to come over with his camera I'll probably get a picture of it to put in my sig; we're hoping for 12's currently. I also own an old pontiac bonneville that's a piece of crap and doesn't like to run, but I don't really talk about it much, I'm almost ashamed I bought it.

I've been looking at MR2's for a while now. Like many, I was completely fascinated with the MKIV Supra starting out, but eventually it grew to be a dream car and nothing else as I realized the price of one. I'd looked at earlier supra's and still enjoy them, but an MR2 seems like a lot more fun. I drove my first one this past weekend and I was just blown away, I don't think I've ever been so excited to drive a car. I don't think there was a single thing I didn't like about it.

I'll probably be asking a lot of questions as I save up my money to buy it, if the other two cars I own don't kill me first.

Thanks for reading!
Dan

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
welcome to that which is TN:thumbup:

mr2's are super fun cars, i am trying to get my gf to dump her 3000gt and get one:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts