Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, in researching for the new tacomas i really got alot of help from reading these forums back in the summer. I finally decided on the tacoma I wanted and found it in august! I love it!

05 Spdwy blue
Dbl Cab 4x4
TRD Sport
6 spd

Mods:
Gibson Side Swept Exhaust (tried dual pipes w/flowmaster 70, but sounded crap)
TRD seat covers
Sport pedals
265/70-17 BFG ATs (Which look and perform 100x better).

Here are some pics.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
this is like a god dam Double cab fiesta! lol

nice truck. I like the blue.

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Looks exactly like mine, and you stole half of your username from me. DAMMIT!!!! J/K!!!!:lol:
Looks great.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Great looking rig. Those tires/wheels are nice.

Hey if you get a chance, could you snap a shot of those high-performance sport pedals?

Gracias, and welcome!

Count

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will throw some pics up of the sport pedals later today.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lookin good! How do you like the Gibson?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tire:

Well the tires i got a great deal, i was planning on wearing the stock dunlops out first, but then discount tire gave me $300 for them! So I had to do it. With everything (rotations , free replacement, etc..) I came away with them for $720. I love the bfg at's, they are 265/70-17, raised the truck 1" everywhere. I measured before and after installed.

Gibson exhaust:

I had a flowmaster 40 muffler w dual pipes out and 3" magna tips, i couldnt stand the droning sound when u accelerate. I went down to a 70 series, a lil quieter but way too much noise in cabin, got alot of awkward stares....i dont like that. I have an 87 5.0 w 2 flowmaster 40s and its perfect, but only on V8s i guess. Thats why they dont offer dual exhaust setup from manufacturers on tacomas. Just dont sound right.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did i mention that the Gibson exhaust is perfect. Not to loud on acceleration but definetly not stock, and fits great. Do it Do it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts