Toyota Nation Forum banner

which option should I go with to change my 95 Toyota camry LE from a 4 lug to a 5 lug

• Try to find a conversion kit from 4 to 5 lug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use a 4 to 5 lug wheel adapter

• Buy 5 lug wheel hubs from a different similar model in the 90's era

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

so basically I just got my 1st car which is a 1995 Toyota Camry LE 3.0. The overall all shape of the car is not bad at and i'm trying to add some tlc to it. I want to change the rims on the car but it's 4 lug. I know there are 4 lug rims available , but i wanted to change that to a 5 lug. Now the car needs some wheel hub work done asap to the front and the back of the car. I only know so much so here are the questions:

Could I buy 5lug wheel hub from another year and just place those one the car instead of the 4lug?

or

Is there some type of 4 to 5 conversion kit available for this car?

I'm asking this because i plan to put on a bigger slightly thicker and wider tires for the car mid future

And i guess lastly, what would be the best solution to get this done? i saw something else talking about 4 to 5 lug wheel adapters but i don't really know much about those so Is someone who could Politely educate me on this matter?

:thanks:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi,

so basically I just got my 1st car which is a 1995 Toyota Camry LE 3.0. The overall all shape of the car is not bad at and i'm trying to add some tlc to it. I want to change the rims on the car but it's 4 lug. I know there are 4 lug rims available , but i wanted to change that to a 5 lug. Now the car needs some wheel hub work done asap to the front and the back of the car. I only know so much so here are the questions:

Could I buy 5lug wheel hub from another year and just place those one the car instead of the 4lug?

or

Is there some type of 4 to 5 conversion kit available for this car?

I'm asking this because i plan to put on a bigger slightly thicker and wider tires for the car mid future

And i guess lastly, what would be the best solution to get this done? i saw something else talking about 4 to 5 lug wheel adapters but i don't really know much about those so Is someone who could Politely educate me on this matter?

:thanks:
Interesting! My '96 Gen-3 LE 4-cylinder, came with 5-lug wheels. I thought they ALL did.
If your '95 really came with four-lug wheels, and you're going to install aftermarket, your best option is to get 4-lug wheels with the correct offset.

If you must have 5-lug wheels, you'll need to change ALL 4 hubs to the 5-lug type, which means you'll also need to change ALL your brake rotors and/or drums. Additionally, if your '95 is setup like my '96, the rear hubs and bearings come as an easily-replaced assembly, but the front hubs are pressed into the bearings & knuckles. Changing those will require a press to install new wheel bearings.
All this assumes the 5-lug conversion-parts fit right on your existing front axles, or any other parts of the original suspension you intend to keep.

I wouldn't trust adapters. They're essentially spacers, can weaken the wheel attachment, change the wheel offset & alignment, and put extra strain on the steering & suspension.

Happy Motoring, Mark

·
Super Moderator
Various Toyotas
5,766 Posts
Interesting! My '96 Gen-3 LE 4-cylinder, came with 5-lug wheels. I thought they ALL did.
Yeah, I've never heard of a 4-lug Camry of that year. I've been to the junkyard a bunch of times and I've never seen a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Camry with a 4-lug wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.