Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought my 06 avalon about a week ago. I am enjoying the car very much so far. My factory cd player keeps giving faults so I am about to replace it. My question is, where is a good place to run a power wire for a small amp. I need to get it from under the hood to the trunk but I don't really see any good pass-thru points. I don't want to be removing or breaking interior parts if I don't have to. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

sigma008

· Registered
11 Avalon Limited
461 Posts
If you look above the pedals you should see a big rubber gromlet with a lot of wires going through the middle, I poked a hole on the side and ran my power wire through there, have had no problems whatsoever and the rubber keeps tight to the wire keeping moisture out. Sorry I dont have a picture right now but I hope the explanation helps..

· Registered
24 Posts
you are going to need to relocate the radio to the trunk if you want to retain the blue information screen displaying temperature controls MPG etc..

best thing is keep the radio add a Ipod or aux wire. remove tape player and and a compartment there.

then add a 5 channel amp change all the speakers and place a sub in the trunk

:rockon:

· Registered
11 Avalon Limited
461 Posts
thanks, that does help. how did you get the wire to the trunk??
Getting the power wire to the trunk is extremely easy, what I did was pull up the plastic trim all along the drivers side. It allowed me to run the power wire nice and tucked in and after you pull out the trim that is right next to the rear seat it gives you a nice little pass through to the trunk. Be aware though that the trim right next to the seat is kind of a bitch to get back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.