Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 camry
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i just wanted to say hello to everyone. I bought my 2000 camry in 2000 and it has been flawless all these years. It's nothing fance just reliable. fi 4 cylinder with 118,000 miles.
Thanks, Dennis

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Welcome to Toyota Nation, Dennis! I've had the same experience with my two Toyotas, so I'm very happy too. If you have any questions about the forums, just ask me or one of the other staff members. :chug:

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Hi Dennis, welcome to the forums! :hi:

The Camry section here is one of our most active, so you'll no doubt discover all sorts of interesting information and meet a lot of people along the way :). I see you've already had some replies to the thread you started, which is great to see.

Happy posting! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a longtime, high-mileage Toyota driver. 751,970 miles on an 86 Cargo van and a 92 Corolla. Best advice I can give ya'll, is keep good tires on them. Back in '93, I hit some water on an interstate in Tennessee. The cargo van, spun into a concrete Highway divider, at 60+ MPH, headon, THREE TIMES, while THREE 18 Wheelers went by me in the right lane. (Bet those boys had to change their drawers, before they went much farther.) Drove it another 200 miles to get it home, changed the tires and realigned the front end at 75,000 miles. Although, technically "Totalled" and 2 inches shorter on the Driver's side, it was still going strong at 335,000 miles when a tornado dropped a 30x50ft section of a brick warehouse wall on top of it, while I watched from a nearby window, as the lights went out. Once the power Co removed the downed powerlines, I drove it out from under the rubble. The '92 'Rolla, with 416,971 miles on it, is my daily work car.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
Welcome Dennis,
Lets see, I have had a Toy Truck, Cressida, two Camry's, a Sienna, 4runner, not to mention countless Demo's and parts trucks to drive. I can honestly say that Not only do I work on them and supply parts for them, I whole heartedly believe and stand in front :) and behind the product. When I started with Toyota over 30 years ago, we were "That Other Car Company" today, WE are that car Company. I have loved each and everyone of them and don't ever see a reason to switch.

There are a lot of tremendously good people with a vast amount of information in these forums. I am convinced there isn't a question you can ask that couldn't be answered in here. But, should you ever need anything, TSB, a question answered, checking up on your Local Dealer, whatever, don't ever hesitate to contact me. I am here to help the members in any way I can.

I also want to take this opportunity to let you know that I offer TN members 30% off MSRP on Genuine Toyota OEM parts. I only charge actual shipping costs plus $1.00-$2.00 for materials, etc. I do not over inflate shipping to make up for the discounts. It isn't dollar or percnetage based, it is actual shipping cost. But, more importantly, I am here for more than just a parts sale. Like I said, if you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me, even if you don't buy from me.

Look forward to hearing from you and see you in the forum.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
I'm a longtime, high-mileage Toyota driver. 751,970 miles on an 86 Cargo van and a 92 Corolla. Best advice I can give ya'll, is keep good tires on them. Back in '93, I hit some water on an interstate in Tennessee. The cargo van, spun into a concrete Highway divider, at 60+ MPH, headon, THREE TIMES, while THREE 18 Wheelers went by me in the right lane. (Bet those boys had to change their drawers, before they went much farther.) Drove it another 200 miles to get it home, changed the tires and realigned the front end at 75,000 miles. Although, technically "Totalled" and 2 inches shorter on the Driver's side, it was still going strong at 335,000 miles when a tornado dropped a 30x50ft section of a brick warehouse wall on top of it, while I watched from a nearby window, as the lights went out. Once the power Co removed the downed powerlines, I drove it out from under the rubble. The '92 'Rolla, with 416,971 miles on it, is my daily work car.
And a big welcome to Toyota Nation to you as well! :welcome: That's an interesting background, especially those mileage numbers.....:eek: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I too have a Suzuki, but it's disquised with a Chevy Bow Tie on the front. 87 Chevy Sprint TURBO. 3cyl 1.0L Turbo w/5 speed manual. I would send photos but I'm not allowed to post attachments, yet. ;) We have our own website: www.teamswift.com. Any Suzuki owners are welcome. I also just bought a 90 Geo Metro LSI, 4 Dr HB, another 3 banger w'5 Speed, but no Turbo. Couldn't pass it up for $500.00.
My Dad got me started on Toyotas back in the 70's when he bought a Toyota Corolla.
He said that after serving with the 19th Bomb Group in the Pacific and the 8th Air Force in Europe, he just couldn't bring himself to by anything German or a Mitsubishi, that made the Jap "Zeros", he tangled with, almost daily on flights from Australia to the Phillipines and other Islands

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I too have a Suzuki, but it's disquised with a Chevy Bow Tie on the front. 87 Chevy Sprint TURBO. 3cyl 1.0L Turbo w/5 speed manual. I would send photos but I'm not allowed to post attachments, yet. ;) We have our own website: www.teamswift.com. Any Suzuki owners are welcome. I also just bought a 90 Geo Metro LSI, 4 Dr HB, another 3 banger w'5 Speed, but no Turbo. Couldn't pass it up for $500.00.
My Dad got me started on Toyotas back in the 70's when he bought a Toyota Corolla.
He said that after serving with the 19th Bomb Group in the Pacific and the 8th Air Force in Europe, he just couldn't bring himself to by anything German or a Mitsubishi, that made the Jap "Zeros", he tangled with, almost daily on flights from Australia to the Phillipines and other Islands
Couple of things we have in common: Suzukis and the 8th Air Force. I'll check out the site for Suzuki owners. I can't say enough about mine since it gets me everywhere I need to go with never a squawk. :thumbsup:

Also, one of my uncles who recently passed away was a top turret gunner on a B-24 with the 8th Air Force. When I visited the 8th Air Force Museum in Savannah, Georgia, last summer we entered his name among the list of men who had served. If you haven't seen that museum yet you should go see it, it's excellent! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
As "Uncle Walt" said, "It's a small world, after all."
I'll explain that, later.:)
My Dad was a Radio Operator/Gunner on B 17's & B 25's. After his combat missions, he served on C 47's with a Tactical Transport Sqd. during "The Battle of the Bulge".

I'm a member of this organization, Project NEXTGEN. Home office, Pooler, GA. Just west of Savannah. Check it out

http://www.8thafhs.org/index.htm

Here is a website I've been contributing information too and why my Dad didn't like Mitusbishi Motors. It took me 20 years to find out what he was doing shortly before this photo was taken. Turns out it is one of the most well known pictures from that era, but no one knew the name of the plane, until I got involved. You can follow the links to find "the rest of the story".

http://www.pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/b-17/41-24428/crash-mareeba.html

Along with the original copy of this photo, I found a couple of dozen more, in a box at my Mom's house a couple of years ago, that I'd never seen. Some of those are now part of "The Gypsy 93rd Bomb Squadron " museum, Barkdales AFB, near Shreveport, LA.
I'm currently awaiting records and confirmation from these folks, AFHRA/NEWS/Archives at Maxwell AFB, to confirm that among other units, during two years in the ETO, that my Dad served with the 482nd(P) Bomb Group "The Pathfinders".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts