Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up a used 2014 AWD Venza this afternoon or tomorrow. I had my mechanic check it out--he specializes in Honda/Toyota repair. He advised me not to purchase a warranty because he has such confidence in Toyotas. The dealer is putting new struts and tires on it before I pick up. The chevy dealer is offering me a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty for $1717. Single mama here spending the most I've ever spent on a car so I'm having a hard time with this decision. Can you give me your thoughts?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would take my mechanic's advice if he checked the car. Before you purchase the Bumper to bumper warranty, make sure you read it. Many dealers sell a warranty, but they actually an insurance policy that has a deductible for different things that fail. Generally the Sales person gets a very good commission for selling it, so they are very convincing. I worked in a car dealership for several years.

·
Registered
2014 Venza
175 Posts
The question is. Do you trust your mechanic and is he going to be the one working on the car if you have trouble? How many miles does it have on it? If it is high mileage it might be worth it for your piece of mind to get a warranty.

·
Registered
448 Posts
whats the mileage and price? why does it need struts so soon? my 2013 with 70k miles still rides smooth an there are no strut oil leaks. what's on the carfax? has it had regular oil changes? there should be matching vin stickers on all door panels, fenders, hood, and bumper beams. i wouldn't buy a warranty too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A chevy dealer offering a warranty on a toyota? I wouldnt do that. How do they even know how to fix?
The warranty offered is likely a 3rd party warranty for used cars. When I bought my out-of-warranty Nissan Maxima from a dealer they gave me for free a 1-year 10K bumper-to-bumper warranty with a 3rd party, I believe it was Lubrico...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts