Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a long time Sequoia owner. As my 2006 ages, I'm going to have to start to actually do some work on it. This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.

My current project is to try to upgrade the headlights. The drivers side headlight assembly got hit and it broke the tabs that hold it in. I bought new assemblies and installed them last night. While they work slightly better, they are not HID or even as bright as some other conventional headlights I've seen. I'm hoping some folks here have been down this path and have some good ideas.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,158 Posts
The problem with the 1st Gen Sequoia and Tundra headlights is they use a dual filament bulb for low and high beam. This causes drawbacks in high beam output and doesn't leave very many upgrade options.

My plan is to retrofit bi-xenon HID projectors (probably Morimoto Mini D2S as it is a direct bolt in for H4 lights or Morimoto Mini H1) to give it really good light output.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.