Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a member of TN for a while now, but have mainly stuck to the corolla forum (i own 2, an 89 gts and an 86 gts), but i recently picked up a new toy and figured i'd stop by and say hi.

here she is:

hopefully get some more pics when spring rolls around

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
noddygts said:
I've been a member of TN for a while now, but have mainly stuck to the corolla forum (i own 2, an 89 gts and an 86 gts), but i recently picked up a new toy and figured i'd stop by and say hi.

here she is:

hopefully get some more pics when spring rolls around
MkII's were only made until 86, I'm curious how you've got an 89...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, bad wording on my part! i guess i meant to say i have 2 corollas (89 and 86), and that mkII 85 supra is my latest purchase

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Looks to be in good shape. There's one around the corner from my house, I wanna jump on it...

·
Registered
1984 Supra
16 Posts
Just picked one up as well a month ago. What a blast to drive! I'm in snow like you are and I'm pleasantly surprised how it handles the snow and ice with the LSD. We just got the snow yesterday so I've been driving it on asphalt up until then. Handles like it's on rails. Word of advice from a fellow MKII newbie, check the crankshaft pully bolt. Went to do the timing belt and found out the hard way that mine was loose and had done some damage. I've heard about a few others with the same problem. Make sure you tighten it with an impact gun. Still love mine and picked it up cheap enough that I'm still ahead with the repairs I had to do on the motor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
track

how good are these for track use? I'm considering a 85 supra or a 87 mr2 n/a. which one handles better? I assume that I6 pulls a lot harder than the mr but also packs a lot more weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts