Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy 2005+ mud flaps? My front left broke today and I need to replace it.

Anyone know where the best place is online to get a replacement or if someone has a set they are getting rid of... [email protected] gmail.com

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Mega, do u have the stock pos ones on the 05 model? I broke all 4 of mine off and the dealership gave me new ones, since the first type were hard plastic made NOT to bend, where the new ones are made to bend. Just bitch to the dealership till they give you new ones, they already know they are crap.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I got a drivers' front cheaper than my local dealer's price from Toyota of Newnan. Gary the Parts Manager is a member and Site Sponsor here (Toyopartsman). Look him up, drop him a note

·
Registered
177 Posts
try ebay or do a google search. Sometimes you'll get lucky. I've seen them for sale on this site since a lot of people take them off to put bigger wheels.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,699 Posts
Get used to it, I have broken 4 already. If you search TN you will find a suitable replacement at Advance Auto.... shorter than stock, covers the rub mark made by the stockers, and NOT $93 each like the OEM! I seem to recall they are called style 5. Otherwise, Ebay or TN for sale. I recently sawe a set of 5 on TN for $50 but the fronts were modified and cut up a little.

·
Take off, eh!
1,428 Posts
What's a front mud flap? Haven't run one of those in 2 years. The stock ones look like shit anyway.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Both of my front ones broke within about a week of when I bought my truck. Backed up in some deep snow and they both cracked. I would up just drilling holes on both sides of the split and I then used 5-6 zip ties on each one through the holes. They have been like this for 100k miles now with no problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow...thanks guys. I'll try several of the suggested options and see what I can figure out.

I did call one dealership and they gave me the run around...acted like they didn't know if was ever an issue and I was the first guy to ever need a new one. I asked them some detailed questions indicating I sort of knew what was going on and they said I could call the 800 toyota # and complain or see if they could help.

I'll try finding a cheaper set or one of the options you guys list and go from there.

A big thanks again to all of you.

·
Super Procrastinator
462 Posts
The front right one in my dad's 05 just broke today. Called Toyota and said it would cost 200 something to replace. I laughed and hung up. My dad has the platinum warranty and they won't even replace a fricken mud guard.

·
Take off, eh!
1,428 Posts
Having said that I don't have any, I do - they're sitting in the ever growing pile of OEM toyota parts that I'm accumulating as I mod this truck.
I might shave them down by 50% (you cant use the stock ones if you wheel, trust me on that - 1st hand experience) & put them back on.

but, I'll also mount them totally differently, One guy has them on a strip of rubber (like a hinge) & tied back to cabin mount with a length of stainless steel chain, so then they can't go forward into the tire.

I love that idea.

I think we are *supposed* to have all four on, but the RCMP always let me slide, b/c I did keep the back ones on.

And fyi, the real reason for them is for rock chips / throwing rocks, not "mud." When you run offset rims, or wheels on spacers like me, this becomes a issue. I don't want to be a dick & wreck someone else's paint job 'cause I tossed a big stone their way.

D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts