Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are unaware, MWR have released a new short shift kit for the EC6x in the 11th gen Corolla, unlike the old expensive shifter assembly (which had to have the reverse lockout integrated) the new one fits to the linkage arm on the transmission itself, and as such only affects the fore-aft travel (ie actual gear selection, not side-to-side gate selection).

However, despite the name and compatibility list it appears that the system is designed for the EC65 linkage arm found in the 11th gen sedan only (ZRE172), which is slightly different to the EC60 in the 11th gen hatch (ZRE182/186) and requires some modification to the kit in order to fit.

Have any users here already bought it for their sedan or hatch and can share experiences regarding fitment? I have been told second-hand that MWR are working on an update/version to suit the EC60 but nothing official.

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Corolla iM 6MT
20 Posts
LOL, that's my hand and photo! good to see a forum post made about the fitment issues, but my simple fix has worked with no issues. I did let MWR know when I put the part on which is why they made a updated part.

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did let MWR know when I put the part on which is why they made a updated part.
Have they actually updated it yet though? Can't compare the listing to when it was first posted, and there's nothing mentioned there about it being any different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hopefully they trimmed some material off the side as it interfere with the weights that Toyota put on the shifter for improved feeling. I say buy it as I trust them enough, also get the solid brass bushings too. Totally makes the shifter feel 100% better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have they actually updated it yet though? Can't compare the listing to when it was first posted, and there's nothing mentioned there about it being any different.
If they have a separate listing then I would trust MWR enough. And if not then a little bit of cutting isn't that bad. Also if you do decide to order buy the brass shifter cable bushings, they help the feel 100%.

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they have a separate listing then I would trust MWR enough. And if not then a little bit of cutting isn't that bad. Also if you do decide to order buy the brass shifter cable bushings, they help the feel 100%.
No separate listing, and my trust level for MWR is not quite enough to order something blind (I've ordered more than enough from them in the past to know what I'll get). Not that I'm averse to having to do some creative modification to make something fit (living on the opposite side of the world to most of the major aftermarket companies for any of our cars/engines, with a lot of unique local content, means I've had to do that on more than one occasion), but I take exception to things which say they fit and don't.

I'll send them an email and see what they come back with, I'll be pulling the intake out in the near future so wouldn't mind killing two birds with one stone if I could.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No separate listing, and my trust level for MWR is not quite enough to order something blind (I've ordered more than enough from them in the past to know what I'll get). Not that I'm averse to having to do some creative modification to make something fit (living on the opposite side of the world to most of the major aftermarket companies for any of our cars/engines, with a lot of unique local content, means I've had to do that on more than one occasion), but I take exception to things which say they fit and don't.

I'll send them an email and see what they come back with, I'll be pulling the intake out in the near future so wouldn't mind killing two birds with one stone if I could.
Probably a good idea.

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually now that I look at it, the part number in the listing is MWR-407016 and mentions the 2014+ Corolla and 2016+ iM, yet the attached instructions lists it as MWR-407015 and only mentions the 2014+ Corolla. So maybe they have already revised it and just haven't updated the pictures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts