Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah so here's the story

Unfortunately yesterday I got FREAKING Rear ended!. :headbang:

So, I was heading home from school with my girlfriend when this happened. The road i was on had four intersections, so apparently there are multiple stop lights there. Well, the street i was on had four lanes: 2 left turn only lanes and 2 going straight (this straight only lane is kind of curving so the stop light isn't the regular Green light it has the green arrow light going to the right a bit). Basically what happened was this light turned on, the straight only light, but our light was still red. In the lane to my left the first 2 cars beside me went, without even noticing that that's not our light. Without paying attention, the delivery truck behind me thought this light is ours too yeah so basically my rear was horribly destroyed.

The hit was so bad that my spoiler came of and his plate was imprinted on my rear bumper. Cuz he was using a F250 or 350 delivery truck and his front bumper is like pure steel.

When he got of the car he was really scared and was like boss don't worry im going to fix everything just don't tell my employer what happened i just got this job. I will fix it through my insurance, i will do everything to fix the damage, just don't tell my employer he keeps repeating and repeating this the whole time were conversing. and I was like, I'm not here to ruin your life, accidents happen that is why its called an accident. I was like i just want my car fix, where it was before i got hit. and were all good.

So yeah it went well. On that the same day, he claimed the incident and his insurance called me. As of now their making the necessary investigation. Hopefully it'll be fix soon. But as of now im driving my car like this.. :facepalm:

Also, I feel this wobbly feeling when im driving the car from the rear. I don't really now what it is. If its the alignment or the axles was bent.. But when i took a look at the axles they were pretty normal. I also got an estimate it will cost around 4k to fix everything. Good thing i know the body shop guy he told me that his going to include my aftermarket tail lights. So I was pretty relieve.

Regarding the spoiler that came of. Im claiming that too as broken. But its really not its still in excellent condition it has no scratches no anything it didnt fall during the accident. So i think im going to sell my spoiler. So if anyone is interested leave me a message. Ill be selling it for $150 pick up or + shipping.

Thank God were Safe :)

Here's the pic. :facepalm:

Look at his plate number!

That's the spoiler

·
TN Stalker
2010 Blue Corolla S
1,249 Posts
atleast youre okay... but damn that sucks dude...sorry

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
man i would of told the cop the guy who rear ended you was on his fone..made up some bs story lol..glad you alright

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Ouch! :eek:

Glad you and your girl were able to walk away from that.

Hopefully insurance comes through for you. Being rear ended sucks big time.

·
Megan Exhaust
507 Posts
Why is everyone talking bad about the guy who caused the accident. Accidents happen and he wasn't a dick or anything and understood it was his fault and used his insurance and not the companies to fix his car. To me that would've been great! accidents happen.
Sucks for you car man. Your fine thats all that matters. Could've been worse.

·
TN Stalker
2010 Blue Corolla S
1,249 Posts
Why is everyone talking bad about the guy who caused the accident. Accidents happen and he wasn't a dick or anything and understood it was his fault and used his insurance and not the companies to fix his car. To me that would've been great! accidents happen.

uhhh.....what?
i think only one "bad" comment was made.... and even still, i think he was being sarcastic

·
Registered
629 Posts
glad that ur okay but i wouldnt b driving the corolla until it gets fixed...cuz technically ur driving the car without an operating brake light (the spoiler) and if u do get rear ended again (hope it dont happen tho....dont get me wrong) itll b all bad cuz all the cushioning thats suppose to protect u in a rear end collision is gone and the car doesnt feel right to u...i would go for a rental...the other guys gonna b paying for it anyways

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad that ur okay but i wouldnt b driving the corolla until it gets fixed...cuz technically ur driving the car without an operating brake light (the spoiler) and if u do get rear ended again (hope it dont happen tho....dont get me wrong) itll b all bad cuz all the cushioning thats suppose to protect u in a rear end collision is gone and the car doesnt feel right to u...i would go for a rental...the other guys gonna b paying for it anyways
My tail lights are still working fine. I tested right after the accident. Turn signals, reverse, and brake lights are still in working condition. Anyways thanks for the concern. Ill be getting my rental soon.

Yep, just thankful that we're safe. True, that is why its called an accident. :)

Ouch! :eek:

Glad you and your girl were able to walk away from that.

Hopefully insurance comes through for you. Being rear ended sucks big time.
Thanks for the concern. Yep, hopefully everything will work out fine.

man i would of told the cop the guy who rear ended you was on his fone..made up some bs story lol..glad you alright
Lol. I'm too nice to even think about that. He was pretty scared of what happened so i kind of sympathize a lil bit.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Good that you and your girl are ok.

Are your tail lights still salvageable? Why are you selling your spoiler? Gonna go spoiler-less?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,790 Posts
Happy that you feel okay but make sure you see a chiropractor because I can promise you your neck was impacted. Get adjusted properly or you will have issues many years from now. :eek:

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
1,384 Posts
:facepalm: Seriously...why? Giving false statement to the police is illegal. What if this happen to you...when another guy accuses you the same way.

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
Glad you are ok!!! Cars can be replaced, you can't.

I too had a run in with a Ford truck, but mine was a F3500 Super Duty towing two full vans (identical to this)

and ended up with this:

but without This ^, I would not be on here now

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Glad you are ok!!! Cars can be replaced, you can't.

I too had a run in with a Ford truck, but mine was a F3500 Super Duty towing two full vans (identical to this)

and ended up with this:

but without This ^, I would not be on here now
I still cant get over how bad your 8th gen looked:ugh3:

sisters 8th gen LE
And I saw this 10th gen one day

1 - 20 of 30 Posts