Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we here at Extreme Dimensions are looking into doing some fiberglass off-road fenders and bedsides. Before we go out and spend a bunch of money on new molds and what not, we're trying to guage some interest.

We would be doing something similar to this:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Would you prefer just the front fenders or the fenders and the bedsides?

·
Registered
2003 Tacoma TRD
216 Posts
those look pretty sweet but I am not sure of the number of people looking to modify their trucks to that extent. I think that there's a lot people who despite lifting or modifying still have to use them as a daily driver. It does look good though!

·
Registered
04.5 VW Jetta GLi
498 Posts
The round shape of the Tacoma fender wells are one of the most appealing features for me. I cannot stand the new body styles of Toyota's fender lines. All models across the board are awful. On the same note, fender flares, to me, are just as awful. The U.S. trucks are on the same cosmetic level of ugly, as well.

With that said, I like what you have going there. You should make something that would allow some rock crawling clearance and/or maybe some with more width. More width, like the 2wd fenders vs. the 4wd fenders. Eliminate the need for those fender flares with a wider fender.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With that said, I like what you have going there. You should make something that would allow some rock crawling clearance and/or maybe some with more width. More width, like the 2wd fenders vs. the 4wd fenders. Eliminate the need for those fender flares with a wider fender.
This is precisely what we're doing. It is a full replacement fender with a higher wheel arch to allow for long travel suspensions and about a 3-4" bulge (flare) to allow a larger wheel/tire combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts