Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are they stickers only or painted? can't really see it clear.
Pictures didn't come out too well, but they're painted on.

yea look like the evo 8 rim. O hey i just got some beater rim too;) can't tell you yet need to go buy some tire:D
Damn, well I'm not baller enough to have two sets. BTW, I heard you gave/traded the RSX guy your 5zigens for something else...Was it the Rota Boosts? When I picked up the set last night, his friend rolled up in an ISF and another guy came in an EVO on Advan wheels :eek:.

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright here are the low quality pics. The wheels are Enkei Evo8's 17x8 with +38 offset. I'm only going to keep one set of wheels, so help me decide. The problem with the Enkei's is that there's only about half a finger of clearance between the rear struts and wheels. The fronts kinda stick out a bit too.

Here is a chop of how they "should" look when mounted:

And here they are mounted without tires:

The Evo:

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
my vote is definately for the evos....but if you decide not to keep them, i would def be interested in buying them.....

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my vote is definately for the evos....but if you decide not to keep them, i would def be interested in buying them.....
Yeah, I'll let you know what I decide.

But, are you sure you want to pay for shipping? BTW, I'll give you the lug nuts and the spacers. The spacers I believe are 5mm and I should be picking up 4 in total from the seller on Sunday. I was told the Enkei's weigh in at ~19 lbs.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
gonna look good, now wrap some sticky tires around them!

you sure jack up the car real high and thats alot of sagging also :lol:

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, it came out a lot better than i thought. looks better on your car than on the evo
With a lot of photoshopping, I decided that these could possibly work with the body style. Glad they look decent.

gonna look good, now wrap some sticky tires around them!

you sure jack up the car real high and thats alot of sagging also :lol:
If I could, I'd go with 235 wide tires for extra grip, but the strut clearance is an issue. I think my only option would be 225's.

The way I see it is that my setup allows for a good amount of suspension travel :D. A perfect balance between comfort and performance. No, but in all honesty, I would get those Tein SS coilovers if I was allowed to. One of these days it may be a possibility :naughty:.

·
Registered
344 Posts
[quote='_';Damn, well I'm not baller enough to have two sets. BTW, I heard you gave/traded the RSX guy your 5zigens for something else...Was it the Rota Boosts? When I picked up the set last night, his friend rolled up in an ISF and another guy came in an EVO on Advan wheels :eek:.[/quote]

O crap I'm busted haha:eek: I'll post up picture of the wheel when i get tire for it ok:cool: anyways you should keep the rim man it look good and if you want you can just swap over you old tire to the evo8 if you want to save money;) O and wash the rim before you install the rim would look 10X better

dave:cool:

·
455 Posts
^^^I agree, looks better on the camry than the evo. Nice and clean dude, I'm adding those rims to my list :). GET EM!

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
so wait a minute....whats with the evo-evo car...is that your friend ? or just the seller meeting up with you? :dunno:

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
O crap I'm busted haha:eek: I'll post up picture of the wheel when i get tire for it ok:cool: anyways you should keep the rim man it look good and if you want you can just swap over you old tire to the evo8 if you want to save money;) O and wash the rim before you install the rim would look 10X better

dave:cool:
Sounds good Dave. BTW, you better not tell Man about your Rota's cause he's gonna be mad. Especially going from Works to Rota's :eek::lol:. I got a big lecture from him on Rota's the other day haha.

^^^I agree, looks better on the camry than the evo. Nice and clean dude, I'm adding those rims to my list :). GET EM!
Thanks for the reply wtftoy. Which rims are you adding to your list? I'm still considering selling the Evo8's. But I'm also considering the Enkei OR52's and maybe the Rota Boosts and/or Grids.

so wait a minute....whats with the evo-evo car...is that your friend ? or just the seller meeting up with you? :dunno:
It was just a random stock Evo that I saw sitting in a parking structure. I was thinking about photoshopping the wheels from that onto my car to get a better idea of how they would look with tires mounted and everything.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
if it was the rota boost or grids, i'd go grids.. just keep those evo8's though, i think it will looks awesome once you get them mounted

1 - 20 of 25 Posts