Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, APC and a few other companies make this automatic shift knob that you push down on the knob itself to use (like a lot of more modern automatic shifters), and i bought one.

anyway, i wondered how i install it, cuz it comes with the spacer things like a push-button aftermarket auto shift knob, but i'm not sure how to secure it and make it work.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well it not let me re-edit the post. so i'm postin pics here.

ok, the packages contents: hex screws, allen wrench, and black spacers (i think its what they are) similiar to the shift knob for automatics with buttons u have to push.

but i knew it wasnt meant for a manual with wrong packaging because it was hollow, no way to screw it on.

the package directions indicate to simply secure with hex screws like on other shifters, but then how does it push down on the inner shaft to shift?

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
the multiple plastic spacers are there because the metal inner shafts of different cars are different. like my car is auto, I also have the push-down shift knob. (pic in signature)

this is what mine looked like:

The white pointy thing and the skinny metal bar is what goes down. The larger round metal that houses the 2 stays put.

In my shifter, it came with a spring inside that pushes the knob back up after you push it down to shift.

good luck

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
I also read the post about people sawing off the shaft because it looked too long. I really didn't want to do that, so I use the shift boot to cover the shaft. I don't like cutting things off because it makes future changes more difficult.

I took some more pics:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts