Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SORRY change from SHIFTER to SHIFT KNOB** :)

I dont know if I like it quite yet. It is more comfortable and I did have to modify the rubber "bushing" that it sits on to get the knob to sit lower on the shifter.

OH! The shifter sits LOWER than the stock one. I know that it doesnt seem that way because the chrome part from the stock one was covering the shifter...but it does sit about 1" lower.

Write up is easy:
1. Twist your stock knob counterclockwise (it will loosen)
2. remove old knob
3. Place "bushing" for new knob
4. place new knob over bushing and tighten down with hex screws
5. DONE!

I might change it..what do you guys think? It definitely flows with the interior (chrome outline matches the vents and the shifter itself - and black color matches the dash almost 100%)..but kinda reminds me of a golf club sleeve. I dunno yet..im gonna let it sit for a little bit longer and I will see if it grows on me.

·
straight cash homie
20,805 Posts
you selling it?
For the right price :D Were you in the Valley? I used to work out there, but now had to return home (still in LA) due to financial reasons.

I got this awhile ago, since I figured I was getting a new car (Toyota for sure), and these usually run around $100 or less, but I scored a deal somewhere and got a good deal; but since I ended up getting stick, I haven't had any use for it. I don't want to sell it since I'd probably be paying more later if I end up with an auto Toyota (or Lexus, etc.)...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the right price :D

I got awhile ago, since I figured I was getting a new car (Toyota for sure), and these usually run around $100 or less, but I scored a deal somewhere and got a good deal; but since I ended up getting stick, I haven't had any use for it. I don't want to sell it since I'd probably be paying more later if I end up with an auto Toyota (or Lexus, etc.)

pm me a price

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please dont hate too much..i mean i could bring it back to stock...and i probably will...this thing is kinda an eye sore. Atleast I tried.

·
TN user
388 Posts
Personally...

I would never knock anyone that changes things to be more to their liking....However, personally, I like the original one better. The replacement seems a bit out of place for my taste.

Good luck with your choice

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
Someone should install the Shifter from the FJ Cruiser...

Now that would fit nice with the Corolla TRD Off Road Package

·
Corolla S
2009 corolla Sport
271 Posts
i dont really see much of a difference. Its just more square. but hey, as long as ur happy.

·
Registered
09 mag. grey 5 speed
344 Posts
i dont really see much of a difference. Its just more square. but hey, as long as ur happy.
it looks kinda huge. can it double as an armrest? can you open the lid and store things in there?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get a Giant Skull!!

Hahaha..No I'm kidding, please don't
lol damn..i already had one picked out.

I might get a shift boot for the shifter. I am talking to a company right now about making custom shift boots for our cars. I would be a prototype.

Just need to figure out how to remove the e-brake boot...ANyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Just need to figure out how to remove the e-brake boot...ANyone have any ideas?

you need to cut the rubber handle on one side with a very sharp blade just like dividing a hotdog in two then pry the rubber handle off. starting from the tip near the button that you normally depress going down to the part near the boot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you need to cut the rubber handle on one side with a very sharp blade just like dividing a hotdog in two then pry the rubber handle off. starting from the tip near the button that you normally depress going down to the part near the boot.
actually cut the handle? damn..why not just pull the leather over?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts