Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 solara
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody im new to the site and owning a toyota. Just bought a 2000 solara sle v6 and within 2 weeks it started to crank about 4 seconds and does this all the time now on a cold start. Then the check engine light then came on and it said bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor so i replaced it with the same denso one. The CEL turned off on its own 2 days later, then the next day came back on. Got it checked again still said bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor and random misfire now..there has been a mild but odd gassy like smell coming from the exhaust ever since i bought it and just a couple days ago on a cold start it started to blow out bluish smoke and it was 80 degrees out so it wasnt cold and the car shook a little bit like it was choking when it first started..the car has 116500 and it runs great it just seems like a guessing game with what the problems could be and im used to paying for ford parts....waaaaay cheaper
Ive explained every problem to the best of detail and can never get a straight answer from a mechanic maybe cuz i took it to midas idk but does anyone know what the possibilties are i know it can use a tune up and i see you cant use bosch platinum +2?? What brand of plugs wires are best to use? Any help is appreciated.. thanks

·
Registered
1996 Camry Wagon
77 Posts
Yes, Ford parts may be cheaper but then the car was cheaper and will not last as long.

My guess you have a code reader to figure out the engine light. Clear the codes and then read them. One problem can cause a spiral effect of others.

My guess is a rich mixture. A bluish smoke on a cold start could be a valve.

Spark Plugs? Denso, just like what the car came with.

·
Old Solaraguy User
'99 Solara
136 Posts
disconnect the positive terminal on the battery, let the computer re-cycle, if codes are still showing then you know its legitimate. If you've already replaced the O2 sensor and still getting some sort of gas smell/color, etc. I say it could be your A/F sensor. I'm not a mechanic, but I wouldn't be taking to Midas....but, do what your wallet can afford.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts