Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a ‘99 Camry 4cyl. I went to start it, all electrical work fine, but wouldn’t turn over. Got the battery checked: it’s fine. Replaced the starter, even tried starting it in neutral with new starter, and still won’t turn over. Nothing happens at all. Please help!

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
900 Posts
Just to clarify terminology, when you say "turn over" do you mean it won't crank or it will crank and not fire up?

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,871 Posts
Need to check if it's cranking or not. If it's cranking (engine trying to start but doesn't catch), could be an array of things.

Was it working fine and then suddenly didn't want to start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both of your help! I can’t believe how simple this was. I locked the car with the remote and unlocked it with the keys. It was an anti-theft lock that let’s everything work, except for the engine. So all I had to do was use the remote to unlock the car. Is this common? At least it has a brand new starter now lol. Thank you for your concern!

·
Various Toyotas
4,909 Posts
If the starter you replaced was the original Denso starter, I'd hold on to it. Keep it in a box on a shelf in your garage just in case your rebuilt starter takes a dive on you in a coupla years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts