Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out to my car today to try to start it...but when i crank the key...no noise comes up...its just silent. we tried to jump the car to see if it was a battery problem...but it still wouldnt work. the windows barely go up and down adn the clock is very dim. so i think the battery is weak...but it still should be enough to start the car.

so do you think its the battery thats bad or do i need a new starter?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You might have a bad connection to the battery/starter. Is your battery corroded at all? That tends to cause problems with the connections to your teminals.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Make sure the connection is solid on the terminal. Even if there is no corrosion, you can still have a bad connection. Make sure both cables are tight too.

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
If you have a Voltmeter/Multimiter handy, measure the voltage across the battery. It should be 12V. If it is, your connections are the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On my Lexus I think I need a new starter. I got into the car tonight with/out the engine running, and attempted to start, and it clanked as if I had tried to start it with the engine already running? Does that sound like the bendix is catching, and not fully engaging?

Later

Bart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts