Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would you guys pick the 2005 Legacy GT over a G35?

I'm in a dilemma whether to get a G35 6MT sedan or the 2005 Legacy GT (Turbo, 250 HP)

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I like that Subaru :thumbup:

If I was going to get a G35 it would have to be a coupe. For a family wagon... S4 or IS300 would be my first picks.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
The new GT is a beautiful car:thumbup: And probably responds well to mods knowing Subys. I voted for that. But the G35 is a great award-wining car and it is established vs. the Suby which is brand new, so it might have bugs.

Give us some specs though. How do the prices compare?
Give us the HP/Tq & RPM, weight, number of gears, etc....

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
id go with the legacy as well. you can't compete with the AWD (well i guess the g35 is available with it, but theres lotsa more weight and poor gas millege compared to the RWD model), and being twin turbo, a couple of bolt-ons and a chip and yur set for all the hp you will need. also, there probly wont be as many B4's around as g35s, and thats a :thumbup: in my books:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
it all depends on preference. Definately for originality, I'd go with the subaru. It would be great in winter (but your in cali anyway), Subaru's AWD system is bar none. However, it is a totally redisigned car, and this is the first year out....I'd hate to be the guinea pig. If your a true enthusiast, I'd say the G35 (I'd personally take a coupe). It has rear wheel drive, won more awards than it has options, and puts out more horsepower out of a naturally aspirated engine than the Subaru, even with two turbo's (280 vs. 250, correct me if im wrong).

Also of note, the new Acura TL is growing on me...

Wishing I had the same choice to make....:disappoin

·
Registered
386 Posts
What a toss up, what a dilemma, It's hard to choose. I have a Legacy in the family and it's a great car, I've always wanted a G35 though, it's like USA's version of the new skyline.

Well, I assume the Legacy GT will be just a smidge cheaper than the G35 and the GT has AWD, I'd end up going with the GT.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Twin turboed? You sure about that? All turbo Subaru's a 4 cyl boxer engines and it makes no sense for a car manufacturer to try and twin turbo one. Especially not Subaru when they have very compent single turbo engines. I am pretty sure that engine only has one turbo.

With that said, I would take the Subaru over the G35,

·
Registered
445 Posts
One thing that hasnt been mentioned about the G35 is that the "AWD" version isnt like subaru AWD, its intelligent AWD that only uses the front wheels when needed. It'll feel much more like RWD.

Personal preference, as much as i love the G35, id have to go w/ the subaru just because there are so many G35's in my area.

·
Registered
445 Posts
maggotdecay said:
I've always wanted a G35 though, it's like USA's version of the new skyline.
The G35 a USA version Skyline? LOL you cant even compare the 2 cars.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Rolla97 said:
The G35 a USA version Skyline? LOL you cant even compare the 2 cars.
He didn't meant the GT-R. The G35 is the Nissan Skyline in Japan. It's called, the 350GT Skyline.

Here's some specs:

2005 Subaru Legacy B4

Price Range:
$20,995(2.5i Sedan)-$29,695 (2.5GT Ltd. Wagon)

2.5GT Ltd Sedan Engine Specs: $28,495

2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged aluminum-alloy 16-valve 4-cylinder horizontally opposed Subaru Boxer engine with Active Valve Contol System (AVCS). Iridium spark plugs.

HP: [email protected] rpm
Torque: 250 lb.ft @3500 rpm

Fuel & Ignition System Sequential multi-port fuel injection.:

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC). Engine management with integrated self-diagnostics and adaptive driving habits capability. Direct ignition.

Fuel Tank: 16.9 Gallons

Fuel Economy (city/highway)
Manual: 19/25 mpg, Automatic: 19/25 mpg

Drivetrain:

Manual Transmission: (Standard) Fully synchronized reinforced 5-speed manual with dual-mass flywheel and clutch pedal-controlled starter interlock. (Sorry, they don't offer the 6-spd in the USA market)

Automatic Transmission: (Optional) 5-speed adaptive electronic direct-control automatic with SPORTSHIFT manual control. Steering wheel-mounted SPORTSHIFT buttons.

Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive: (AWD) Continuous AWD: Models equipped with 5-speed manual transmission utilize a viscous-type locking differential with torque distribution configured at a 50/50-split front-to-rear. 2.5 GT models also feature a viscous-type limited-slip rear differential.
Variable Torque Distribution (VDT) AWD: Models equipped with 5-speed automatic transmission utilize an electronically controlled variable transfer clutch in conjuction with a planetary-type center differential. Rear-wheel-biased torque distribution normally configured at 45/55-split front-to-rear. 2.5 GT models also feature a viscous-type limited-slip rear differential.

Chassis:

Suspension: 4-wheel independent suspension. Front: Strut-type with lower L-arm. Antidive geometry. Rear: Multi-link with antilift and antisquat geometry. Front and rear stabilizer bars. Bilstein Absorbers and Shocks.
Brakes 4-wheel disc, ventilated front and rear. 4-channel, 4-sensor ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD). 12.3-inch front/11.3-inch rear.
Steering Engine-speed-sensing variable power-assisted rack-and-pinion
Turning Circle, Curb-to-Curb 35.4 feet
Wheels 17 X 7.0-inch 5-spoke aluminum-alloy. Silver finish.
Tires: 215/45 ZR17 high-performance all-season

Dimensions:

Wheelbase/Length 105.1/186.2
Width/Height 68.1/56.1
Track: Front/Rear 58.9/58.5
Headroom: Front/Rear 37.5/36.5
Legroom: Front/Rear 44.1/33.9
Curb Weight (pounds) (w/Manual Transmission) 3365
Curb Weight (pounds) (w/Automatic Transmission) 3435
EPA Interior Volume (cubic feet) 93.1
EPA Cargo Volume (cubic feet) 11.4 (trunk)
Maximum Towing Capacity (pounds) 2700

·
Registered
884 Posts
G35, the NA setup will prove to be more reliable and have lower maintence cost over the long run.

But if you just want the car for a lease period I'd take the subarau, nice sleeper ;)

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
g35coupe is one of my dream cars so id have to say the g35 even tho the subaru is nice

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
subaru subaru subaru.

i just can't wait till my friend gets a GT wagon...and soups the hell out of it...heh

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
the G35 sedan is a basically a 4 door 350z

it is not a skyline, and what the hell gave you that idea?

skylines run inline 6's G35's run V6's.... so its not even the same engine.

ANYWAY...
Id go for the Subaru, they have awesome all-wheel drive systems, the interior looks hella pimp. the G35 coupe would be cooler though. sedan is kinda funky looking.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Stevethecleric said:
the G35 sedan is a basically a 4 door 350z

it is not a skyline, and what the hell gave you that idea?

skylines run inline 6's G35's run V6's.... so its not even the same engine.

ANYWAY...
Id go for the Subaru, they have awesome all-wheel drive systems, the interior looks hella pimp. the G35 coupe would be cooler though. sedan is kinda funky looking.
lol. It is a Skyline. Look it up. Nissan is "who the hell gave us that idea". :slap: In Japan, the G35 is called the Skyline. I am amazed at how many people do not know that. :disappoin

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I love our Subaru Outback - but it is a slow hunk of shit, and if it was faster, it would be a MUCH cooler car.

This thing is supposed to be a beast, 0-60 in 5.5-5.8 range!!! :eek:

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Talisman18 said:
lol. It is a Skyline. Look it up. Nissan is "who the hell gave us that idea". :slap: In Japan, the G35 is called the Skyline. I am amazed at how many people do not know that. :disappoin
i thought everyone knew that to, now they all look like fools for not beleiving us:lol: :hammer: :thumbup:

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 26 Posts