Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so people know there will be a new SUPRA!!!!
there is going to be one built!!!!
If any of you guy's work for Toyota ,you should know this!!!
Just go into infostream at work and look at the news page....
and if you have manager passes you can read more things on a bunch of cars/trucks/hybrids!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noob,
Sales on the Celica have dropped off over 33% in the last year, and although sales of the MR2 were up nearly 5%, Toyota has announced they will no longer market the MR2 roadster and 2+2 hatchback Celica in North America after 2005. However, Japan and Europe will continue to enjoy these cars. Sales of sedans and SUV's are their strong suit. Why would they build the Supra? These rumours have been circulating ever since the Mk4 was discontinued.
Regards,
Rol
82 Supra P-Type 6m-ge
90 4Runner
97 Camry

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
^ I love how the first word of your first post is noob :lol:

And I demand pics of the 6mge Supra :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ironic, isn't it. Yes I'm new here... Been hanging on celicasupra.com. It's specifically for Mk2's. Direct me to the proper page or tell me how to post a pic, and will do!

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Robert__11 said:
http://www.topspeedtuning.com/articles/11_03/05_supra/2005_supra_multi_view.jpg
...if its a romur plz clear this up for me, cuz i was lookin forward to tradin in my 97 non turbo and get a down on this...:(
That is not a rumor, that article, basically stated that if the Supra was to come back, this could be it. They never said that the car pictured was the next Supra..... and they talk about how Toyta needs a car to compete with the 350.......

its the English ppl who doesn't read or speak Japanese that as soon as they see the word supra related to anything written in Japanese that they automatically assume that they are saying that Toyota is making the car pictured to be the next Supra.

They also think just becasue its in Japanese that its true, well the Japanese like to spread and start rumors too about a new Supra.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I think the Volta concept was much nicer than that thing. When I think Supra I think forced induction on an inline 6..... if they DO bring it back.... which they most likely wont..... I have a feeling they are going to stuff the v8 from the soarer in there. I don't see them putting a 1mz or 3mz into the Supra.... the they wouldn't use the 2jz again.... so unless they are coming out with a new I-6... this car will be trash.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
I think the Volta concept was much nicer than that thing. When I think Supra I think forced induction on an inline 6..... if they DO bring it back.... which they most likely wont..... I have a feeling they are going to stuff the v8 from the soarer in there. I don't see them putting a 1mz or 3mz into the Supra.... the they wouldn't use the 2jz again.... so unless they are coming out with a new I-6... this car will be trash.
Toyota's starting to phase out the JZ series. The new boss is the GR family. You'll find a 1GR-FE is the 4.0 V6 in the current 4Runner and now the Tundra (right?).

Comes with direct injection in Japan, and this direct injection motor will power the next 6-cylinder Lexus GS.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Oh holy christ. The 4 year old image makes a re-appearance!

·
Registered
0 Posts
And for ne1 who doesnt know the Japs did attack us in WWII so this is prolly just a stupid jap rumor.:p:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i heard a little while back that the new supra is going to be a V8 twin turbo??? Someone from a pro import toyota drag team told me that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i heard a little while back that the new supra is going to be a V8 twin turbo??? Someone from a pro import toyota drag team told me that.

·
MK3 kid in a MK4 world
MA70, JZA80, AW11
48 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
well if it is true...i dont like the fact that its going to V's i like the inline...and V8....i really liked the fact that these I6 had the power to compete with v8's...after min. mods of course...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts