Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reviewing this site and the TTORA Site for the last month, thought it was time to join and introduce myself.

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Canuck). I pull a dbl. quad trailer or a small trailer and haul building materials and tools for my Home reno projects.

I bought a new Mica Silver 07 Tacoma Dbl.Cab TRD Sport pkg. in Oct. 06. Traded off my 05 Dodge Dakota Dbl. Cab Sport that had 78.0K miles on it.

Upgrages are a Low Rider hard Tonneau cover and Revo 265x70x17 tires. Based on info from this site and TTORA, I have order my suspension enhancement system comprising of:
  • DR Coilovers
  • DR UCA's
  • Alcan 8 Leaf Spring Pack
  • Swayaway Rear Shocks
  • Extended Rear Brake Lines
  • Front Diff Lowering Kit
The missing link are the new Wheels / Rims. I want to go with a polished or chromed 17x8 wheel size to try and keep the planned upgrade to 285x70x17 tire inside the wheel wells as munch as possible. I won't grind the calipers. I am looking for feedback from memebers that have this wheel size and have not encountered mounting problems. From the site it appears that I need a wheel with Zero offset and 4.5 in. of backspacing to work. I hear that it is hard to find a Lug Centric wheel in this configuration unless I go with a custom build.

Styles that I like are:
  • MB Rockers
  • Weld Velociti 6XT
  • American Racing Victor
  • Bose Stinger 6
  • Helo MAXX 6
  • ION Type 199
  • Enkei RT-6
The Tips and Quips are great!

Tacoma Upgrades that should be standard options are:
  • Heated Mirrors
  • 6 Way Power Adjusted Driver Seat (Old Guys Need Creature Comfort)
  • Lighted 4 wheel Selector Switch
Any other memebers in the Edmonton Area that have had done suspension work done on thier vehicles and can recommend a shop for my install send me an email.

Flame Away I Have My ASSBESTOS Suit on!

Great Site!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts