Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

What tires are you using on your Corolla 10 gen? I am due for another set after two
Years/30K miles on my continental Pure Contact. The DWS is still showing but between the threads have some cracking between the threads. Majority of city driving with highway. 60 city/40 highway.

What are you all using? Is the defender a good choice or should I go with another set of continentals? I have the stock 16” hubcap steel wheels. Should be 205/55/16

Pictures of the tires:

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
311 Posts
You should specify your tire size in the post so we can suggest tires for ya.

I'm running a 225/45/R17 BF Goodrich g-force comp 2 A/S. This is the 3rd season on them. (I swap them out during Winter)
I think the tires handle good and all but they are extremely noisy, especially since they are worn too.

I'm thinking about getting some michlelin tires next myself. Maybe the primacy?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should specify your tire size in the post so we can suggest tires for ya.

I'm running a 225/45/R17 BF Goodrich g-force comp 2 A/S. This is the 3rd season on them. (I swap them out during Winter)
I think the tires handle good and all but they are extremely noisy, especially since they are worn too.

I'm thinking about getting some michlelin tires next myself. Maybe the primacy?
Ah shoot. I just did that. I am on all stock tires size for a 2013 Corolla on the factory steel hub cap wheels.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. They are one of the best tires I've ever driven on. I loved my previous set of the A/S 3 that I bought the newer A/S 3+ and I don't regret it one second.

Reactions: 75aces

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
How do they wear and how's the road noise?
I got 40k miles on my first set and road noise was average. They stick like glue so I love them.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
That's pretty good. I'm torn between sticking in corners or super cozy ride. The roads here are pretty shit
That's always hard but a sticky tire is always first to me.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
But you have spooly boys haha. Tires that can put that power down are a huge plus.
That is true but even before I turbocharged my Corolla I liked sticky tires for the best handling in the canyons and for braking.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Corolla S
13 Posts
Hey guys,

What tires are you using on your Corolla 10 gen? I am due for another set after two
Years/30K miles on my continental Pure Contact. The DWS is still showing but between the threads have some cracking between the threads. Majority of city driving with highway. 60 city/40 highway.

What are you all using? Is the defender a good choice or should I go with another set of continentals? I have the stock 16” hubcap steel wheels. Should be 205/55/16
Purchased my car used and they have Cooper CS3 Touring. They are at 2/32" tread depth now so I'm looking into a new set of tires soon. Not all that impressed by the Coopers and lasted me 40k miles. I spent a long time looking at Tire Rack and Consumer Reports for reviews, comparisons, and test results. I think I'm set on either the Continental TrueContact Tour or PureContact LS. They seem to be good for my priorities (long lasting, wet handling/braking, price). Although I've also heard good about and considered the Yokohama AVID Ascend GT and the General AltiMAX RT43. Were you overall satisfied with the Pure Contact? I would have expected them to last much longer based on some reviews I read and the 700 treadwear rating.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
9,514 Posts
With proper rotation intervals, tires can see long life.

The only brand I have ever owned that lasted >60k were Pirelli P4 all season tires on my 04 Corolla. These were well made and I rotated them every 10k.

Your environment will definitely dictate the life of the tires. My last set of Hankooks had to be swapped early due to the blow out on one tire, and the wear pattern was different on the other 3. Not sure if it was environment or the way the alignment was setup.

I drive 60 miles a day and will be lucky to get 18 months from them. The hot summers will eventually get to the tires, but it's garaged so that will help slow down deterioration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any thoughts on Goodyear tires?
I put some Goodyear Exhilarate tires on my 2019 Corolla HB. 225x40R18 to replace the crappy Yoko Avid GTs. The Exhilarates are only available in pretty low profile sizes, all above 16, but they are great in the rain and very good on dry pavement. Not too expensive. I have a longer review on the TireRack site. Big improvement in steering feel too. Had them almost 6 months now; no experience in ice or snow.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
That's true. I don't think the weather here allows my tires to get warm enough to get sticky.
I had some General Tires before and I loved them too. Not as sticky as the Michelin but a very well designed tire and it got an excellent rating in tests done by CR. Take a look at the General G-Max AS-05.

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
311 Posts
I used to run those on my Nissan. I went from the g Max to the bfg g forces. I found that the g max wore fast. Would get 2 decent seasons out of them before the replace tire would show up on two or three tires. It was like clockwork.
Generals are hard to find here. Especially car tires only a handful of shops carry them

1 - 20 of 301 Posts