Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a set of new BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's on my '05 V6, 6speed, double cab. They are 265-70-17, a bit bigger than the 265-65-17's that were on it, but they look so much better. The old ones were brutal on the ice! I think it lifted the truck up about 3/4" too. I'll post a picture soon.:clap:

·
Registered
15 RAV4 LE AWD
334 Posts
Cool any rubbing with those tires? I had them on my 98 Taco and they where awesome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No rubbing so far, maybe if I go off road, we'll see!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the back end, I guess I should park it outside so I can get the entire truck in the picture!

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
The weight on that rear tire looks HUGE. :eek:

edit: What is that written on the wheels? Is it the word "GO?" Is that something they did when mounting those things?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of the truck outside so you can see all of it. These tires are about 32" high, not quite a 33' but close enough so I don't have to get a lift kit...yet!

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Looks good!

I have the same tires but the 33's....

I chose "whites out" too because nobody does it anymore.;)

·
Tina come get some ham
05 Sport 4X4
1,023 Posts
Sweet ass tires dude. I can't wait for these dunlops to wear down a little more so I can buy some BFG's. What kind of price did you get so I'll know weather or not I'm getting taken to the cleaners. I have the same truck....very nice.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
MrSmitty said:
those are tits... $150-$165 a tire?

I would prolly put the white letters inside though.
When I was a kid, white letters were always out.

Then no white letters.

Then only some.

Now NOBODY puts white letters out.

So now I do!!:lol:

(But only on "BIG" offroad tires, never on low profile)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I dumped the factory TA Rugged Trails to my tire guy.....gave me $300 credit for all five...spare was new...other four had 8K miles on 'em...got new BFG TAs in 265x16...looks and rides much better....these are 1" taller than stock......got a used TA spare too...$550 total OTD... ($850 total) including road hazard/free rotations......these tires will go 60K+ miles with proper care/rotations....have a set of 285s on my 2500HD 4x4 Chev crew...54K miles with 8-10K left.....

·
;o{
18 Posts
I just went to a couple of tire stores today to have 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler Revos installed on my 2005 V6 DblCab LB Tacoma 4x4. Went to a couple of places, Costco included. Guess what I found out. The tire outlets will sell me the tires, but will not install or warrenty the tires or assume liability because 265/75/16s are not a Toyota aproved OEM size. They will sell, install & warranty 265/70/16s, but not 265/75/16s :confused:

So, is the speedo/odometer error of 2005/6 Tacomas real, or a myth?
Has Toyota acknowledged anything about this? If so,
is there a Toyota fix for the speedo/odometer error?

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
Tires look awesome. I plan on going to Les Schwab and getting new wheels and tires come April. Free rotations for the life of the tires, and free replacements for busted tires is always a sweet deal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HILLCLIMBER said:
Maybe its the driveway,but the truck looks like its sittin pretty level!
What do you mean? Is the back supposed to be higher than the front?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts