Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new set of tires for the Camry!

Costco currently having a sale on Michelins: $70 off a set of 4. The set of 4 X Radials with mounting, balance, etc. came to $350.

Started off by polishing the center caps.

Then I sprayed the wheels with "wheel paint".

Tires installed!

These tires have an 80k mile warranty, so now my challenge is to make the car last that long! Currently have 260k miles.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Did you do some comparisons and shopping around and decide on those? I'm clueless about car tires but need some for this 90 camry restoration project i'm doing. I know Michelin is good name, but I've only owned trucks. I have that coupon also so I might pull the trigger also.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did comparison shopping at the following locations:

WalMart
Big-O
Les Schwab

There were some brand-X cheapies that were slightly lower, but these had 45k mile warranties.

I had Michelin XRadials on my 91 Camry and had a very good experience. As long as the vehicle is in alignment and the tires rotated regularly, you'll get the full 80k.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,790 Posts
The Michelin X-Radials should be a pretty good regular all-season tire. I had those on my Alltrac before I swapped over to 17's. Good grip for an 80k mile tire (I'm use to the grip of 15k mile tires...), and they seemed to perform well enough in snow and rain.

-Charlie

·
Registered
932 Posts
Ok, you guys sold me on them....:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts