Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For boxing day I picked up a pioneer deh-4600mp, Lightning audio B1.65.2 ($18), and pioneer TS-A6961R ($48). I want to install them myself to save money. I've never done anything like this so I just wanted to ask a few things to clarify. I tried to find the info i need from the forum but still need to clear up a few things.

For installing the head unit I figured that i'll need to buy wiring harness adaptor. Do I need to purchase any sort of mounting kit to install this HU?

I found 6th man's install guide so i think i can handle the fronts but on the back my 6x9's have 4 mounting holes where as the camry has 3. How would i make a mounting bracket. Is it different because i'm using 6x9's or is it the same?

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
A wiring harness adapter is not neccessary, but it makes everything easier. You'll need to solder the connections or use butt connectors and a crimp tool such as these items. You probably can find them locally for cheaper than if you ordered here.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=095-250
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=360-630

If you are going to put that stereo in, you may need a bin if you don't already have one in the car. What type of radio do you have in there currently? If you have Radio/CD/Tape player, then you will need to get the bin. If you have a Casette OR CD player with radio and there's a bin above or below it, you won't need to buy one.

The Gen4 Camry have 6x9s in the rear. You can use MDF and fabricate brackets, or have someone else make them. Another option would be to drill the holes neccessary to install the speakers.

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the radio/cd/tape so I have no bin. Where would i get a bin from?

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Almost any place that sells car audio stuff should have it. Ask for a dash or install kit. Some come in a bunch of pieces because the kits are made for different cars and you just use the pieces you need.

You could probably also find one in a salvage yard.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
i have that headunit it's great :) you can also get an aux input adapter and hookup your ifart to it to play more mp3s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts