Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 91 Toyota Tercel (sky blue) with 232000km on it. She loves oil and hates our bumpy Quebec roads.
I paid 1100$ for the car and have had it for almost a year and to date have put in about another 1500$ in repairs. (seized calipers, new catalyttic converter, 2 bearing jobs both on right side, 3 muffler jobs, 2 gas leaks {one a gas line, the other was weird, had to remove gas cap to fix problem!}, and no more handbrake.

I'm moving out of Quebec and to Florida within this year so i really want to stop putting money into this car! (i won't be taking the car with me).

Here is the latest issue:
I kept hearing crunching/creeking noises from the rear right side and a dinging bell noise (like a bicycle bell) and it was drivin me nuts. after taking everything out of the trunk and back seat both sounds didnt stop. I took apart the seat in the back and the back dash and found the noise. MY SHOCK CAME UP THROUGH THE REAR OF THE CAR. there was a washer dingin around that was making the extra dinign noise.finally i put rubber bewteen the washer and the dinging went away but i clearly still have the crunching noise when driving on our bumpy roads.i checked the other side and saw that the shocks was being held in my a nut and bolt, but on the broken side the shock is literally poking through the frame of the car and the nut and bolt are much higher up. It sounds like it's bottoming out.maxing out (hopefully you know what i mean) when hitting some bumps.

I DON'T MIND DRIVING IT LIKE THIS BUT
IS THIS SAFE TO DRIVE OR DOES IT REQUIRE AN IMMEDIATE FIX?

Thanks alot for any help you guys may have, i've come to this site before and have always gotten some good feedback.

Tyler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts