Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BonesandFeathers
94,95 CAmry
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a 20001 Camry CE last week with 127K on the clock..
Most of the problems are minor, and should resolve without too much drama.
The R/F wheel has a minor tremor in it at fwy speed, and so I'm considering a change in rims, as my life would be in peril if i borrowed rims from my wife's SE, So next week or so I'll get the water pump, timing belt, and oil seals so i can lay that to rest.
I am stuck on the radio and humming all the time is getting old.
al suggestions appreciated

Paul in L.A. between downtown Disney and Downtown L.A.

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
As far as the tire, this car should have a full size spare. Put that tire and rim on the right front to verify the tremor is in the tire/wheel combination and not something in the suspension or the wheel bearing.

Mike

·
BonesandFeathers
94,95 CAmry
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of the steering or suspension appear to be wiggly , at all. Had the front tires balanced and they were aan ounce and a half and an ounce and3/4s. so rims are cheap at pick-yer-nose
There is no wiggle on ony of the steering or suspension parts, the struts look pretty new and feel OK
The spare tire does not appear to be a virgin So I'm thinking a trip to pick-a-part is in my future.
The A.C. resolved with adding a can and change of 134A, so I have a leak, not surprising, i betting on a 20 year old filter dryer and or hoses.
So now All i need is a radio working
thanks for your time
Paul in L.A. between down town Disney and downtown L.A.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Aftermarket deck for sure, so you can have dem fancy bluetooth hookups to your smartphone.

Or better yet, get a stock cassette model, so you can use one of those 1/8th jacks to cassette adapters :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts