Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Been searching around on here for a little while now, figured I'd introduce myself and the truck. I found this truck and had to have it, believe i overpaid but i think she'll make a gem once I am able to replace the worn bits. Body is pretty rough as i believe it was a farm truck but its only got 45k on the 3.4 currently.
    20190917_202008.jpg
    20190917_201959.jpg
    IMG_20190425_090431_903.jpg
  • So far I've installed a used set of 31's and replaced tie-rods, idler and pitman arms along with steering stabilizer. I purchased shocks but am waiting for lower control arms, ball joints and front axles. Bought this as a project to do some light offroading with and yard chores. Planning on possibly a 1 inch body lift with 33s if i can find the proper offset. Thanks for reading and also for the information on this site!

·
13,490 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

You've got one of the few regular cabs with the 3.4L engine in it. ;)

Auto or manual transmission? ;)

There's a few write ups in the DIY section. Give them a glance through! ;)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Awesome find on a really rare bird with the long bed 3.4 4WD! Looking forward to seeing how it does once it's been given some love! I'd stay away from 33s unless you plan to re-gear. I had 31x10.5x15s load range C tires on mine with the 3.4 and 5-speed and I wouldn't want to go any taller without regearing (from a drivability standpoint). If you have the auto it may be a little better, but you may have some fitment issues. And I did some pretty hard trails with the 31s (KO2s)...these T100s have excellent ground clearance and off road ability with 31s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didnt realize this was a rare combo! Glad to hear it though, being a chore/fun truck that 8ft bed has already been very helpful. It is a manual....theyre a dying breed unfortunately but I'm pretty stuck in my ways. Thanks for the input on the 33's! Maybe just some nicer 31's and wheels with some offset when the time comes...there is a little rub on the sway bar at full lock. Definitely have to check out the DIY threads when I have some time. Being just a little bigger than the tacoma this truck seems like the perfect size, i dont think ive ever been in a regular cab that felt as spacious. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Didnt realize this was a rare combo!
One year only! The RCLB 4X4s before had 3.0s, and the RCLB 4X4 was discontinued after 1995. And they really are a great size truck...about perfect in every aspect in my opinion. Not too big, not too small, and the 4X4s are amazingly capable in stock form (and more so on 31s)!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One year only! The RCLB 4X4s before had 3.0s, and the RCLB 4X4 was discontinued after 1995. And they really are a great size truck...about perfect in every aspect in my opinion. Not too big, not too small, and the 4X4s are amazingly capable in stock form (and more so on 31s)!
Ahh, gotcha. Definitely didn't want the 3.0, wouldnt have minded a 2.7. I had a '99 tacoma with the 2.7 and it was a great truck despite being sluggish. Really looking forward to getting her into the woods once it's back to par! Every body panel is dented so that won't be a concern lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, i apologize if this is posted...i cant seem to find what offsets will work with these trucks. Thinking of going to 0 or close to to try and gain clearance off the front sway bar. Anyone have experience with this? Really liking the newer tacoma trd style wheels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts