Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i have a 1992 black camry
i spray painted my rear light system, between the brake lights all black with 'dupli-color black trim paint'.
i also removed and painted my rear emblems, after reinstalling them i got some overspray on the part of the trunk parallel to the bumper.
how do i get that off, eithout damaging my original paint?

thank you

- bill johnson

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
i dont quite understand what youve painted, the trunk piece between the tail lights? some pics might help if youve got em

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow!
really?
no way at all?
not even any suggestions ?
well, if i have to deal with it are there any suggestions for a clear coat to spray on ?

thank you for the replies

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
You can try a clay bar from any auto parts store. Only other way that won't do too much damage would be a paint cleaner.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought a 98 LE V-6 recently and got a really good deal on it at $7000(88K miles). It had some overspray on it from what looked like tar. I used tar remover and my fingerails to remove all of it. It was a job, but worth it. After I was done. I waxed it and it looks great.

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
if Machman's idea doesnt work, just get a fine cloth, put a dab of rubbing compound on it and just work it over the area lightly until the overspray is gone. then just get some polish and rebuff the area so its glossy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts