Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Tip - Visit this sight religiously, and ask questions.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
post some pics

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
fast and cheap don't go together......u didn't help ur cause either by going with 17s.....theres only so much or rather so little u can do to the NAs to make them fast....most ppls will just do the turbo swap......

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm not really looking to race or anything like that yet. I was just wondering what I could do besides the turbo swap to make it a little quicker and fun. I don't necessarily mean "cheap", I meant what's the best bang for the buck. I have to be budget minded right now. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
for starters.....an intake and exhaust will help.....u can only do so much with the NA's..not much aftermarket support available....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got those already. What about internally, is there anything that I won't have to rob a bank to do? I was thinking about autocrossing in a couple of years and I have heard that an n/a might be a little better for that because of the wider powerband. Is the turbo pretty reliable, or is it a pain to mantain? I just want to know what I might be getting into if I go that road. Also, what about the "performance modules" I keep seeing on ebay. Are those bogus or what?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts