Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a 2011 SE. I have previously owned 2 Maximas and was a member of Maxima.org. I have decided to move away from Nissan after 7 years .. So far I am digging the camry eventhough had only owned it for 2 weeks. The only mod is HIDs. Not thinking about doing much since it came fully loaded except navi. Going to do a 20% tint all around (as on my previous cars) and also am thinking about putting in HIDs in the fogs (not sure about color temperature yet 3000?)

Thought I'd share some pics

At the dealership, wheels and interior still wrapped.

HIDs (6000K)

A closer look

My old ride 2002 Maxima SE

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
nice ride. go yellow halogen bulbs in fogs unless u want to do projector fogs like some of us. hids in fogs is a big no-no around here.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice ride man. That's the color I wanted, but couldn't find one when i was looking.

nice ride. go yellow halogen bulbs in fogs unless u want to do projector fogs like some of us. hids in fogs is a big no-no around here.
What's wrong with HIDs in the fogs?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nothing, as long as you keep them off except in fog.
Why? Are they just too bright, does the light scatter all over the place, or do they blow fuses a lot?

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
hid fogs= shit load of glare so only use to show off or in real fog. the right way to do it is es300 projector fogs and then u can add in a hid kit. no glare and real nice output.

Reactions: ImJustMe55

·
Loading ...
2011 Toyota Camry SE
147 Posts
Grats on the SE! Welcome to the Class of 2011 :)

BTW, where do you live where you already have brown/falling leaves?. Nevermind, just scrolled up to see your from CT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
Yes I am from Connecticut (norwalk to be exact)
As for the Fog HIDs Im glad I mentioned them and got the replies. So ES300 projectors are the way to go...is it a direct fit in the SE bumper?
Thanks for all the help. I think I'll like it here :)

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
some small work to get them to fit. u flip the big bracket they include and buy some small rectangular brackets then just drill holes on brackets for screws to mount to the fog brackets n the brackets will screw in to the lip/bumper where the lip meets the bumper. hard to explain but it's not really hard. theres other ways too. search the forums as there are a few posts and pm me and the other guys to have them to get ideas.

·
Registered
180 Posts
welcome to TN , grats on your nice ride, you wont regret it. if you going hid get some 4300k its the best light output there with a hint of blue. for fogs get some aftermarket bulbs and you will be fine and your ride will look cool.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Because no one wants to see it, despite how cool you think you look.
lol!! For me it's not about looking cool. I't about the 1st rule of driving. "See and be seen" On dark country roads it's hard to see cause there are no street lights so with brighter lights you can see more and help other realize that you're in the area so they don't hit you and you don't hit them. Plus I only use yellow fog lights anyway whether they are HIDs or not.

·
Registered
413 Posts
hid fogs= shit load of glare so only use to show off or in real fog. the right way to do it is es300 projector fogs and then u can add in a hid kit. no glare and real nice output.
That make since. Definitely the best way to go.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome! Just curious, what prompted the change to the Camry? The new Maxima is one helluva car. I personally would have stayed with the Maxima!

I used the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Maxima myself, one right after the other. I would have stayed and continued with the 5th gen. but I switched it up and got a Mercedes ML instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
..accident

So I put 1200 miles on the car and already got into an accident. I was stopped on a stop sign waiting for a subaru to make a turn on to my street so that i can proceed...well, the lady misjudged the turn and ran right into my driver's front side with the side of her car. I was pissed, thankfully she admitted to it being her fault and was given a citation (which puts her at 100% fault. I am driving a 2009 avalon thats fully loaded right now, will have it for another week while my car is in the shop, this is a spaceship, cooled seats, headlights move, privacy screen on the rear window, rear seats recline and many other options that are pretty cool.. to my surprise the damages were estimated to be $4100 by the lady's insurance. look at pics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts