Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
340,000 miles+......
95 Camry V6 LE
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alpine CDA-7897 PhantomFaceXL That i LOOOOVE decided it didnt want to flip out of the dash correctly anymore, and when i tried to fix it, the arms that flip the face out, broke. Here is a pic of what my Head unit was before. That i loved.

well...it still works, but i had to flip out the face myself everytime. So i got something new....

iDA-X001! It has the same output as my old unit, and has a direct iPod connection to control it via the HU! Everything is on the LCD on the side. It doesnt have a CD player, which is fine, because i havent used a CD in years...also.....it has USB! And with the adaptor add-on, bluetooth.

The only thing i do not like about it, is the lack of advance EQ settings. Everything is preset :(. But I messed with the other settings and got it sounding pretty good. ANNND...it doesnt hide itself in the dash like my old unit....it does this

Not a huge deal i guess..

Best thing about this, used the same connector from my old unit! just had to plug it in! and i got a pretty good deal on it.

Best Buy sells it for $279.99. I got the display model and they didnt have the box or the manual or the USB extender cable...and gave me 20% off :) then....i had $10 in reward zone certs.

So i paid about $220 for it. Not bad when Alpine's site says $450, and on eBay it goes for around $250ish.

·
[g4.Rep]
1999 Toyota Camry LE
1,591 Posts
sick..

hey- where'd you get that dash kit with a cover? i hate those open pockets- reminds me of civics.

·
Registered
1995 Camry
518 Posts
Looks nice man, I made the mistake of getting a cheap Dual head unit for my car. Won't make that mistake again!
I made the same kind of mistake, i got a sony hu that doesnt work and now i dont really have the cash to get a replacement.

·
[g4.Rep]
1999 Toyota Camry LE
1,591 Posts
oh okay- thanks. I was gonna say- " damn! that company's color matching capabilities is impecable! Just like stock! " LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts