Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
The metal looks reminds me of the "ford built tough" symbol. I think the symbol is cool though. It has that tough and rugged look, to represent its tough and rugged trucks.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
yep, they are going after the ford target segment, remember a long time ago, when they were prototyping the name on their first truck (what we now know as T100, they first announced it as t150), but later they retracted that.....10+ years later, we're still attacking ford! :thumbup:

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
yeah i like the new logo :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
I'll respect Japanese truck makers when they figure out that a truck needs an 8 foot bed wide enouh that I can through an 8*4 sheet of Ply in the back between the wheel wells.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
love the logo hate the slogan

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it's pretty good but I feel kind of sad because I think I have some emotional attachment to the Toyota logo. So I am saddened to see it go.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
The slogan isn't growing on me as of yet.

·
The terrorist
1990 Corolla SR5
3,058 Posts
I really like it since it gives that serious look rather than the fancy Toyota emblem. But I don't like the fact that they're going to have different emblems for different types of cars!

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Xenon said:
I really like it since it gives that serious look rather than the fancy Toyota emblem. But I don't like the fact that they're going to have different emblems for different types of cars!
Be glad your not in Japan then, basically ever car has their own emblem, but what I think Toyota is doing is just seperating the trucks from the cars..... after all their main goal as of right now is to beat out the F-150 and all of the Vlue Oval trucks.

Toyota is even coming out with a Super/Heavy Duty truck, that will feature a V8 hybrid powerplant but get the gas mileage of an diesel or V6.

Toyota already took the 15% of automotive vehicles sales and now is focusing on the 10% and can and will do that but selling trucks, if you think about it.... here in America you cant go anywahere without seeing a F-150, Silverado, Ram, or Dakota.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the logo reminds me of the OCP logo from Robocop.

AE92
0 Posts
when will the new trucks be sporting the new logo?

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Changed my mind, now that I see that logo showing up places, it's not good. It's not abd mind you, but it's not good either.
Sportivo it will be a long time until they can touch ford truck sales. For one, their trucks are too damned expencive for the class they're in.

Sure it's a better fit and finish truck in all areas even compaired to the decked out ford/chevy/dodges. Then again you get more truck for so much less money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts