Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the Toyota X-Runner?? Whats up with Toyota knocking out its productivity of sports cars and bringin in a new high performance truck??

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
547 Posts
I got to drive one of them!!!! My dad is a parts manager at a Toyota dealerhsip and a guy that works at the district had one and brought it and since I know everyone in Toyota around here I got to drive it. The thing is bad ass!!. It handles better then a 350Z(on paper and in real life). IT really gets up and moves. The 278 ft lbs of torque it has really gets it off the line. I only got it into 4th gear so I don't know how it feels in 6th gear but I want one so bad now. I am starting to save my 26K now although they are only making like 2500 of them for the first year.

·
Pondering the choices
112 Posts
haha....id say wait couple years not that its that possible to save up 26k in a year. but anyways its never good to buy a car firs year of porduction. wait 1 or 2 for them to work the quirks out. just my opinion though. anyways if love to drive one...when do they start getting put out for sale to people...cuz i havent seen one around here yet.

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
547 Posts
The guy with the one that I Drove said end of october so knowing that it will be sometime in november. Basically whenever the new 05 Tacomas come out because they are actually changing the body for the 05's. I have also heard that in a year there will be a 300 hp supercharged version of the X-runner.

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
547 Posts
2000GTS said:
How much HP is it puttin out?
It is rated at 245 hp and 278 ft lbs of torque. That is out of a 4.0L V6(the same V6 that is in the 4-runners). It is backed by a 6 speed manual tranny.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
It's DOHC, 24 valve with vvti. There's also supposed to be a supercharger coming out for it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my friend had a tacoma with the 2.0 DOHC and that thing had some get up and go! and it wasnt even built for speed
!

·
SCCA Tech Services
2005 Corolla S
547 Posts
2000GTS said:
my friend had a tacoma with the 2.0 DOHC and that thing had some get up and go! and it wasnt even built for speed
!

Umm there never was a Tacoma with a 2.0L. The only options you had with a Tacoma was a 22RE for one year in 95 which is a 2.4L and then after that your options were a 2.4L 2rzfe 4 cylinder, a 2.7L 3rzfe 4 cylinder and a 3.4L 5vzfe V6. the 22RE is a SOHC and the other three are all DOHC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts